AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Matts67spit Avatar
Matts67spit Matt Burrow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA   USA
1967 Triumph Spitfire MkII "Silver Bullet"
Hello all,

This is my first post and I appreciate all of your help! I just purchased my '67 Spitfire 4 MK2 and am reconditioning the entire interior of the car. As I pulled out the seats I found that there was nothing that the rear seat latch could attach to in the floorboard area of the car. A few questions:

1. Is there a brace/part that should be bolted to the floor, for the seat to latch on to? (can someone please post a picture?) I have looked in the manuals and see a part that looks like the current latch on the seat (although the current latch looks different), but no corresponding part in the manual that looks like a floor brace.

2. Where would I find a floor brace? (I need 2 of them)

3. The passenger seat is also missing the latch that is found on the driver's seat. Does anyone know where I can find one of these seat latches as well?

Thanks very much!

Matt

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
67 spitfire - Driver side - rear floor.jpeg    68.7 KB
67 spitfire - Driver side - rear floor.jpeg

67 Spitfire - Driver seat latch.jpeg    50.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
It seems you are missing seat runners. The runners allow fore and aft adjustment and bolt to the car floor and the front of the seat frame.

Oh! and Welcome to the site :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-07 09:50 AM by Tonyfixit.

Attachments:
images.jpg    9.1 KB
images.jpg

65or66 Gold Member Jim B
Lake village, IN, USA   USA
1965 Triumph Spitfire MkII
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Jusanudda Munny Pit"
Glad Tony had a pic. It explains better than I thought I could in words. The curved section goes to the rear and the latch hooks on there.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Wolfcreek Steve Steve P
Central, Wisconsin, USA   USA
What Tony said. How were your seats fastened to the car?

Matts67spit Avatar
Matts67spit Matt Burrow
Thank you Tony! That picture made things crystal clear and I appreciate it VERY much.

Turns out I don't have those curved sections that connect to the runners.

The runners were rusted and wouldn't move, so had to take them off of the seats, use some Blast PB and Blast White Lightning to get them sliding again. Also putting new bolts in for attachment to the floors.

I found a guy parting out a 67 Spitfire, so will see if he has those curved parts and the extra latch for Passenger seat.

Wow,..you guys are great. Cant thank you enough!

Matt

Attachments:
67 Spitfire - Driver side rails.jpeg    108.2 KB
67 Spitfire - Driver side rails.jpeg

67 Spitfire - passenger seat w rails.jpeg    75.4 KB
Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
walla walla, washington, USA   USA
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Walla Walla"
1969 Triumph Spitfire "Portland"
1972 Triumph Spitfire MkIV "Spokane"
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Dayton"    & more
I think I have a pair of those I inherited from somewhere. I have no need for them.
Dan

Matts67spit Avatar
Matts67spit Matt Burrow
Hi Dan,

Would you be willing to sell those to me? Would be a huge help, since I'm uncertain where I would even find those darned things (I checked with the major suppliers,...nada..)

Thanks!

Matt

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
Sure I'd sell them. A photo is attached. You will see that unfortunately they are both passenger side (right side) tracks as the latch on both or on that side. I'm not sure I realized that before looking at them a bit ago.
You might see from the photo that one of the frames has had that back piece removed and replaced with bolts. The other is still welded. You could remove the bolted one and use it on your left side then use the good right side one as is.

No idea on a value, Shoot me a msg again and let me know what would work for you.
Dan

Attachments:
Mk1 & 2.jpg    32.4 KB
Mk1 & 2.jpg

Matts67spit Avatar
Matts67spit Matt Burrow
Hi Dan -

Great idea of bolting the one on to one of my tracks and then using the welded one as is. That’s perfect.

As far as price, I just got a set of rear bumpers with overrides for $90,.. so using that as a barometer of sorts, how does $40 for both sound, and I pay shipping?

Also, do you happen to have a latch that goes on the back of the seat? Need one of those for the passenger seat.

Thanks!

Matt

Yellowhawk Valley Avatar
Sent you a new message. Glad to help out.
Dan

Here are a couple of additions photos I took and doctored up. Just to help out a bit if you have not figured out all the technical aspects of the rails yet. These ones are stiff but not as bad as they were when I got them a few years ago. I will suggest to spend some more time making sure the overlapped edges are cleaned out as much as possible to make sure nothing there is dragging. Don't be confused by the seemingly stiff movement, they work better with the seat and any on top of them.
Good luck.
Dan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-07 10:19 PM by Yellowhawk Valley.

Attachments:
Mk1&2b.jpg    37 KB
Mk1&2b.jpg

Mk1&2c.jpg    35.8 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster