AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tapkaJohnD Avatar
tapkaJohnD John Davies
Lancaster, Lancashire, UK   GBR
All, especillay mods,

I was using this board just now, when it changed, screen abd voice message, telling me I had "won an iphone"! Just say who Bill gates is and you'll get the prize.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Difficult one that one.

I deleted that window, and found that it had replaced the Triumph Experience one I had been using, so I've logged in again to post this.

Plesae check the server, Mods.
Everyone else, I'd say do not respond to this - what i presume to be a hack.

JOhn

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
lef2wander Avatar
lef2wander Gold Member James Thomas
hatfield, ma, USA   USA
The site maybe fine. However hosting ads leaves the door open for hackers. The hack exists within the ad and not the site. Also the hack may exist on your computer and be active only thru your browser. Also the ad may have been created legitimately but hacked.

Also for a minor sum, you can become a paid member which removes the ads. This is a great choice. The site is supported for maintenance (virus, updates). Keeps the site available. You get ad free access.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-05 06:13 AM by lef2wander.

N5329K Avatar
N5329K Silver Member Robin White
Pacific Grove, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1495983 by lef2wander The site maybe fine. However hosting ads leaves the door open for hackers. The hack exists within the ad and not the site. Also the hack may exist on your computer and be active only thru your browser. Also the ad may have been created legitimately but hacked.

Also for a minor sum, you can become a paid member which removes the ads. This is a great choice. The site is supported for maintenance (virus, updates). Keeps the site available. You get ad free access.

I support the site and still see ads.
Robin

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
lef2wander Avatar
hatfield, ma, USA   USA
I see your a silver member, so maybe that's why.
I don't know for sure. I'm a gold and see no ads.

Doug in Vegas Avatar
Doug in Vegas Douglas D
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA   USA
The topic "board hacked" must include this:

N5329K Avatar
N5329K Silver Member Robin White
Pacific Grove, CA, USA   USA
Thanks, James. Didn't remember or realize there were levels on levels. The site is definitely worth supporting. I can't imagine trying to maintain a Spitfire without it.
Robin

mykeeb33 Avatar
mykeeb33 Silver Member Mike Bostwick
Puyallup, Washington, USA   USA
Same here!

tapkaJohnD Avatar
tapkaJohnD John Davies
Lancaster, Lancashire, UK   GBR
Thank you, James. Were you replying as a member or a mod?
I wasn't complaining, I was concerned for the name and goodwill of the board, if predatory scamming ads invaded.
Here in the UK, at least one Triumph site crashed as a result.

That Mike has experienced the same indicates that the problem isn't at my end.
More caution needed?
John

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
TriumphExp has not been hacked. All of the information provided by James below is correct.

If the issue was a rogue ad, it will be removed from the ad network shortly. It's more likely that your computer is infected and is injecting ads into 3rd party webpages like this one. You don't mention what device (tablet, desktop, phone) or operating system you were using.

Please note "Hide ads" starts as the Gold member tier, as noted on the Membership pages under the "My Account" menu

http://www.triumphexp.com/membership/

If you need to contact me for tech support, please click Website problem? Send us a message at the bottom of any page as it's not possible for me to read every forum topic. Fill in details about the issue and if necessary click the camera icon to include a screenshot.

Skye Nott
Webmaster

In reply to # 1495983 by lef2wander The site maybe fine. However hosting ads leaves the door open for hackers. The hack exists within the ad and not the site. Also the hack may exist on your computer and be active only thru your browser. Also the ad may have been created legitimately but hacked.

Webmaster, The Triumph Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
lef2wander Avatar
hatfield, ma, USA   USA
In reply to # 1496213 by tapkaJohnD Thank you, James. Were you replying as a member or a mod?
I wasn't complaining, I was concerned for the name and goodwill of the board, if predatory scamming ads invaded.
Here in the UK, at least one Triumph site crashed as a result.

That Mike has experienced the same indicates that the problem isn't at my end.
More caution needed?
John
I was just commenting on your unfortunate experience.
I am securty+ certified but not that active in the Cyber security field now.. I was hoping to only shed some light on the subject.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links