Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

lef2wander Avatar
lef2wander Gold Member James Thomas
hatfield, ma, USA   USA
Squared away alot of stuff on the spit, this year. With the idea of attending. THEN:

Just went to the garlic festival in Bennington vt.
On the way home, brake fluid started running down my leg. Luckily I made it to the mostly flat stuff. Waiting on a master cylinder.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
alanroseman Avatar
alanroseman Silver Member Alan Roseman
Rehoboth, MA, USA   USA
1978 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "The Little Car.."
Last Sunday I started out to rewire the tangle around my coil... made some kind of bad move and hurt my back, been in Miriam Hospital ever since...

Hopefully I'm out of here tomorrow and feeling well enough for the trip to Stowe.

Cheers, Alan

Check on the photos every now and then... all free for download, in all sizes.

The British Motorcar Festival Bristol RI:

Photographs - For your computer

A BMCNE Cruise:

Portsmouth & Aquidnik Island, RI

spitfire50 Avatar
spitfire50 Paul Mugford
Rochester, N.H., USA   USA
Alan,
Boy! You must have really done it! I have had back trouble since I was a teenager, but I have never had to be hospitalized for it. Get well. And do the exercises they set you up with. It'll help in the long run.
All the best,
Paul

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
alanroseman Avatar
Rehoboth, MA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1484702 by spitfire50 Alan,
Boy! You must have really done it! I have had back trouble since I was a teenager, but I have never had to be hospitalized for it. Get well. And do the exercises they set you up with. It'll help in the long run.
All the best,
Paul

Paul, Thanks for the kind words. Looks like I'll be released today, doc says it is "safe" to travel if reasonable. Right at this moment I'm planning to make the drive..

Cheers, Alan

Cheers, Alan

A BMCNE Cruise:

Mark Jones Avatar
Close to Sarnia, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1995 MG MGF "Barney"
1996 Land Rover Discovery
We are not going to be there to the show this year but a good number of members from the Toronto MG car club are on their way to Stowe as I type.

We drove through Stowe this summer in our MGF on our home to the Maritimes; first time I have been back to Stowe in 20+ years; last time skiing. We also drove up Mount Washington as well. A couple from NJ couldn't understand how I could drive up the mountain and be constantly taking picture until they realised I wasn't driving; its a RHD car. Lovely couple; her family is originally from a part of NB only a few miles from where I grew up.

MOWOG Garage serving the needs of all Post Abingdon MG owners in Lambton Co. since 2011.

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
In reply to # 1484706 by alanroseman ... doc says it is "safe" to travel if reasonable. Right at this moment I'm planning to make the drive..

Does he realize you'll be driving a Spitfire? winking smiley

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

alanroseman Avatar
Rehoboth, MA, USA   USA
Maybe he does

Cheers, Alan

A BMCNE Cruise:

spitfire50 Avatar
spitfire50 Paul Mugford
Rochester, N.H., USA   USA
Alan,
Take plenty of breaks to change position, and maybe bring some throw pillows to change your sitting position occasionally. Let those muscles do different things, they will be less likely to cramp.
All the best,
Paul

alanroseman Avatar
Rehoboth, MA, USA   USA
Paul,

I'm certainly glad that we rebuilt our seats during the transmission swap. New foams, ever so much nicer than last year.

I will bring a couple of small pillows to change positions... that was a nice reminder.

-Alan

Cheers, Alan

A BMCNE Cruise:

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster