Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

RPJ Avatar
RPJ Rick J
Santa Fe, NM, USA   USA
Anyone purchase carpet kit for your Spit from BPNW? Currently can get it for about $170. Wondering about quality though???

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
69gt6stopp Avatar
69gt6stopp Paul Stopp
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
Buy it this weekend and BPNW is offering a further 10% off anything and free shipping for Fathers Day on any purchase over $100.
Good deal if you need something.
Regards,
Paul

dvcasano Avatar
dvcasano Platinum Member David Casano
Amsterdam, New York, USA   USA
BPNW is a great source, and $170.00 is a great deal.

Rich K Richard Kuklentz
Saylorsburg, PA, USA   USA
If you can afford it hold out for the molded carpet. Much ,much easier.

spitfire50 Avatar
spitfire50 Paul Mugford
Rochester, N.H., USA   USA
In reply to # 1465138 by Rich K If you can afford it hold out for the molded carpet. Much ,much easier.

Rich,
I really like the molded carpet, but at two to three times the price I can see why a lot of people don't buy it.
All the best,
Paul

RPJ Avatar
RPJ Rick J
Santa Fe, NM, USA   USA
Great price for sure but concerned about quality and fit. Maybe I'll hold off.....

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
I bought my carpet from BPNW in about 1990, I have no idea if the carpet I bought is the same as they offer today.

Overall the carpet has stood up very well, and the fit pretty good, except for the transmission tunnel cover that was about 1 1/2" short of reaching the fire wall :-( There were also no clips or studs to hold the floor carpet in place.

I used velcro pads to hold the transmission carpet tight to the cover, which works well.

Luckily I was able to buy some seemingly identical carpet locally, so I was able to fill the gap on the transmission cover and add some extra trim pieces like parcel shelf and trunk/boot.

wetwolf Alan Tate
Puyallup, Washington, USA   USA
I have it and installed it.

Not loop carpet which I hate. It is cut pile.

You have to use a heat gun in places to help it around corners. Spray glue is a must.

Overall I was happy for the price. Only two issues I wish they did better. The rear self did not include the rubber strip that attaches to the front rib. You need to remove from your original carpet and reuse. The front floor mats are really stiff and do not like forming to the very front frame area. I also think they are too long. I massaged my passenger side to fit around the battery box with a knife.

It definitely spruced up my interior. Mine is a driver and not a show car. If I was restoring for shows, I would have went with molded.

I did put the flat rubber Anco-like floor mats in front. I like the look of those and it helped hold that section of carpet looks.

Alan

jefferygt jeffery Ee
vantucky, wa, USA   USA
I ordered a kit off eBay from Europe and used a 20% coupon that eBay offered. It is super nice.

They finished the edges with a continuous sewn thread and it looks super high end. I went with the looped style that is period correct and with the style of finished edging looks identical to my friends Lancia Aurelia. Magnifico!

I am hoping to avoid glue wherever possible. I like the velcro solution

RPJ Avatar
RPJ Rick J
Santa Fe, NM, USA   USA
^ ^ ^ ^

Good to know! Do you recall name of company on eBay ? I see Brit co called auto tech uk with a hessian pile and some brand called Carrelli.

jefferygt jeffery Ee
vantucky, wa, USA   USA
They are out of the Netherlands. Ricambi Automobilia I believe. Excellent customer service and communicated thoroughly keeping me updated on progress.

One note. There was no slat made for my steering column. I would recommend that you request they allow for this. Otherwise not a huge deal to cut. But I would have liked the finished edge for that as well.

In reply to # 1465258 by RPJ ^ ^ ^ ^

Good to know! Do you recall name of company on eBay ? I see Brit co called auto tech uk with a hessian pile and some brand called Carrelli.

spitfire50 Avatar
spitfire50 Paul Mugford
Rochester, N.H., USA   USA
In reply to # 1465262 by jefferygt
One note. There was no slat made for my steering column. I would recommend that you request they allow for this. Otherwise not a huge deal to cut. But I would have liked the finished edge for that as well.

Jeffery,
Remember they are a lot closer to the UK and probably sell a lot of carpet kits there too. Making a LHD steering column cutout won't help on RHD cars nor vice versa, so no cutout.
All the best,
Paul

jefferygt jeffery Ee
vantucky, wa, USA   USA
Good call Paul. That does make sense.

Mark Jones Avatar
Close to Sarnia, Ontario, Canada   CAN
1995 MG MGF "Barney"
1996 Land Rover Discovery
Being that they are in the Netherlands, a LHD country, it would think that they make a version with a cutout for the steering column on the LHD for their 'home' market.

Rick, I have that kit. It isn't worth it; the fit isn't that good, especially around the gearbox tunnel. Save your money and buy the moulded carpet kit that Newton Commercial makes; it is worth the extra money. I wish I would have bought it.

In reply to # 1465283 by spitfire50
In reply to # 1465262 by jefferygt

Jeffery,
Remember they are a lot closer to the UK and probably sell a lot of carpet kits there too. Making a LHD steering column cutout won't help on RHD cars nor vice versa, so no cutout.
All the best,
Paul

MOWOG Garage serving the needs of all Post Abingdon MG owners in Lambton Co. since 2011.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-20 07:01 AM by Mark Jones.

RPJ Avatar
RPJ Rick J
Santa Fe, NM, USA   USA
Thanks. Will hold off for now.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links