AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

66Vette Avatar
66Vette Ed Kent
Lake Park, Georgia, USA   USA
Marcus,
Very nice!
Ed

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Eric w105 Avatar
Eric w105 Eric Walsh
Fairfield, Ohio, USA   USA
first time out in 15 years off to the shop to be brought out of its coma

Attachments:
tr4A irs.jpg    46.2 KB
tr4A irs.jpg

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
She is a vury nice!!

Louisville British car show next weekend. See if you can get it out of the shop and join us!

My 64 TR4 is in the shop too. My shop in the backyard. Starter came apart which is leading to all sorts of other jobs that've put off

Cheers

Todd
64 TR4
67 Triumph 2000
68 TR250
71 TR6
80 TR8(his)
81 TR8(hers)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR4EVER Avatar
TR4EVER James R Sullivan
Tuckasegee, North Carolina, USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR4 "Trouble"
1967 Triumph TR4A
Hi all hope your 4th holiday is going great. We have our grandson for 4 days and having a ball. A lot of play, BUT he wanted to go to the garage and see HIS car. So we took him down and got a photo of us looking at the motor, thought I would share. This is why I now play/work on this car. Nothing better than a great reason to do this crazy hobby. Thanks for letting me share. We wish you all a blessed and safe 4th.
Randy & Jensen in the boonies of Western North Carolina.

Attachments:
19650315_10203360615052214_178273294_o.jpg    34.2 KB
19650315_10203360615052214_178273294_o.jpg

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
Randy,
Your grandson has a nice car! Have a great 4 of July!
Rut

triumphlvr Avatar
triumphlvr Stewart D
Hercules, CA, USA   USA
Friends, My 66 TR back from a 13 year sleep. I'm a patient soul... and just couldn't let her go. The Ex wife sure... but not the 4A. Worth the wait as it rolls again in reasonable condition. I will post more later of the engine & my 69 TR6. Cheers!

Attachments:
IMG_1038.JPG    55.3 KB
IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG    59.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_1039.JPG    49.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Foxer Avatar
Foxer Mike D
Lanesboro, MA, USA   USA
That sure looks good! Has to be the dry air it appears to be in.

I had a '67 TR4A that looks identical but for dark blue paint.

I'm in the process of building a 1/25 scale model of mine from a resin cast body. It's been fun researching the one I had, but I have to rely on my memory but for a few photos I took. I only had it 2 years.

Attachments:
Left side wheel centering DSC_2067.jpg    24.6 KB
Left side wheel centering DSC_2067.jpg

BL50 Avatar
BL50 Silver Member Brian Leslie
Grosse Pointe, Michigan, USA   USA
Beautiful car Stewart. Did you restore it or has it been sitting in that condition for 13-years? What have you done to it?

Brian

triumphlvr Avatar
triumphlvr Stewart D
Hercules, CA, USA   USA
Hi Brian, Yeah the car sat for a while with too much life on my plate. Never stopped working on it entirely, but it was a slow project. Did fresh paint, chrome replating, NOS bits and pieces gathered over the years. Strong engine to start, but now w/ rebuilt SUs by the guru back east, JOE Curdo. With a lot of will, the help of my brother/others & a fair amount $$$, she rolls again. I do have an A type overdrive that will go back in soon, which transforms the car & I am shopping new tires, non-tube type. I also need to lower the car a lot, but thank you for your kind words. Stewart

BL50 Avatar
Stewart,

Could you tell me about the paint ... that's the stage I'm nearing on my restoration. Yours looks great!

Thanks.

Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-06 02:43 PM by BL50.

malbaby Avatar
malbaby malcolm baker
kyabram, Australia   AUS
Stewart....Nice car...I agree with the lowering...looks to be sitting rather high.

triumphlvr Avatar
triumphlvr Stewart D
Hercules, CA, USA   USA
I had the car painted here in California where it's all water based paint now with clear coat. It turned out pretty good with no orange peal effect. The final stage of clear coat smooths the finish out nicely. This was done about 6 years ago and has sat in a nice warm garage Where it cured. I pulled the car out and waxed with McGuires Carnuba at least 1/2 dozen times. The original color was taken from inside the door where there was no light, than had it darkened a tad with more black. I wanted to get closer to Jaguar racing green which is a darker shade of BRG.

triumphlvr Avatar
triumphlvr Stewart D
Hercules, CA, USA   USA
The car will be coming down at least 2 inches all around, if not more. Mounting new tires is first on the list. My brother will help since he has raced his factory production TR6 and knows the tricks to making these cars sit & handle just right. I'll be happy to share once completed.

BL50 Avatar
Thanks Stewart.

Must be the black that makes it pop ... very nice shade of BRG.

Brian

davecutter Avatar
davecutter Silver Member Dave Cutter
Fox Island, Washington, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "Angus"
In reply to # 1469157 by triumphlvr The original color was taken from inside the door where there was no light, than had it darkened a tad with more black. I wanted to get closer to Jaguar racing green which is a darker shade of BRG.

Stewart, nice color...does your paint guy have the formula mix he used? If so, please share. I'm going with BRG on Angus and I find the Triumph original greens to be too light for my liking.

Cheers, Dave

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster