AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Did you wash & wax your Triumph TR4/TR4A, or drive to a scenic viewpoint?
Fire it up for the first time after a rebuild or make an in-car or drive-by video?
Maybe it's just a nice day and you feel like using that fancy new camera...

Share photos or videos of your car in this topic!

Just scroll down to the reply section, and click Attachments to add photos to your post.

You can also copy & paste links to videos on Youtube, Vimeo, etc in your reply, and a video player will be automatically "embedded" in your post.

.... Don't forget to add your car to the Registry too, and be part of our virtual car show!

Webmaster, The Triumph Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts

Attachments:
stefano_dilollo_TR4A.jpg    80.9 KB
stefano_dilollo_TR4A.jpg

TR4 launch advert.jpeg    78.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
tr4head Avatar
tr4head Rob B
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
Just took this shot after fresh rain in Atlanta. 63 TR4, owned since 1983. Cheers!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
CAM00409.jpg    28.2 KB
CAM00409.jpg

Graze Graeme Spender
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia   AUS
last weekend we went for a drive into the hills behind Brisbane - perfect winter weather and pretty countryside

Attachments:
photo 2 copy.JPG    61.5 KB
photo 2 copy.JPG

photo 5.JPG    79.9 KB
tr4head Avatar
tr4head Rob B
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
This picture was taken in front of the famous Biggers Antiques in Chamblee GA. This is a converted church dating to the early 1900s. There is an amazing collection inside, most of which is rented out as set material to the new movie industry in Atlanta. Alas, no TR4 parts.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
CAM00318.jpg    65.1 KB
CAM00318.jpg

CAM00319.jpg    65.3 KB
Triumph Racer Avatar
Triumph Racer Patrick N
south bend, IN., USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR4 "My First Triumph"
1962 Triumph TR4 "Big Red"
1964 Triumph TR4 "Ugly Duckling"
1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV    & more
How about another red TR4? Taken during spring clean-up this year. Winter's are not so kind around here!

Sometimes you succeed,other times you learn.

Attachments:
000_0012.JPG    56.7 KB
000_0012.JPG

000_0012.JPG    49.8 KB
000_0010.JPG    60.6 KB
tr4head Avatar
tr4head Rob B
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
Sweet - did you misplace the hood (bonnet?).

Triumph Racer Avatar
Triumph Racer Patrick N
Hah,Rob, my fault. Should have known you guys notice everything! I actually did not notice it when I attached the little thumb nail photo. More fixing I had to do caused by the Rocket Scientist who restored the car. The hood gap was off kilter,rubbed and never did close right. Did not take me long to realize the idiot made his own hood hinge on one side. Half Triumph part/half moron! He should have had a parts car like I have to pick from. Have a list in the glovebox that came with the car,over 2000 dollars spent on bits. What was spent on rubber floor mats could have bought a new hinge. Some people,I tell ya!

tr4head Avatar
tr4head Rob B
Atlanta, GA, USA   USA
Love those steel wheels!

ceecpa Avatar
ceecpa Silver Member Charles Edwards
Richmond, Virginia, USA   USA
Nice autumn weather so I took a drive to a nearby park.

Attachments:
DSCF0015.JPG    77.2 KB
DSCF0015.JPG

dadams62 Avatar
dadams62 Silver Member Dan A
Louisville, Kentucky, USA   USA
I love my girls!

Cheers

Dan

"What a filthy job"
"Could be worse"
"How"
"Could be raining"

Attachments:
IMG_1330.jpg    40.3 KB
IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg    40.5 KB
Trike4 Avatar
Trike4 Marcus G
Brighton, Michigan, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "Trike"
Fired up the TR4 today. The fenders are rattling and the rear end vibrates because the doors haven't been put on and adjusted yet and things aren't bolted up. This car had sat since the 1980's when obviously someone had made some mistakes. The points didn't open, the ignition was wired wrong and the trans wouldn't go into gear. Took a few tries, but got 'er started. Of course, I forgot to tighten up the oil pressure gauge, so had some cleanup to do. I haven't adjusted static timing or checked valve adjustment. just wanted to make sure things would work before buttoning up a restoration. Need to polarize the dynamo - I hope that's all it is.

[url=]Triumph TR4 Engine Startup after long slumber[/url]

Triumph Racer Avatar
Triumph Racer Patrick N
Another one lives again!thumbs up

Trike4 Avatar
Trike4 Marcus G
1963 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "Trike"
I took a few minutes to static time the engine. That calmed the rpm down. It now idles like a Harley at 600 rpm and sounds much better. Next is to check the valve adjustment.

To static time, you set the #1 piston to TDC by turning the engine until the pointer is on the small hole (timing mark on the pulley) Check to make sure the distributor rotor is pointed to #1 (toward front of the car) Set the adjustment wheel to midway on its travel (and turn a bit more until a division line just appears). Loosen the distributor clamp and attach a 12 volt bulb by leads from ground to the wire going from distributor to coil. Turn the distributor slowly back and forth until you find a point where either way the bulb glows or goes out. Lock the distributor with the clamping bolt. Now turn the advance adjuster anti-clockwise until one full division appears.

Adjust rpm at the throttle stops by turning the small screw. Turn them both equal amounts in 45 degree increments. Shoot for 600-650 rpm. Now with a piece of tubing from your ear to the carb intake listen to the hiss. If one is higher pitched that carb is open a bit more in relation to the other. Loosen the clamp between the carbs, adjust and then re-tighten.

Idle should be smooth and even. (I know you guys already know this but it's fun anyway)

Trike4 Avatar
Trike4 Marcus G
1963 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "Trike"
Car Jewelery!

Attachments:
IMG_0826.jpg    54.1 KB
IMG_0826.jpg

Trike4 Avatar
Trike4 Marcus G
1963 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "Trike"
How much chrome can we get on a red sports car? As much as possible.

Attachments:
IMG_0837.jpg    52.3 KB
IMG_0837.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster