Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tommys4 Platinum Member Thomas G
Ojai, Calif., USA   USA
Thanks Brian T
You only need to get your feet wet.Just take slow , Lots of videos online.
Have a great day TM German

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JGug1 Avatar
JGug1 Platinum Member James Guglielmino
Mission, Kansas, USA   USA
It wasn't quite today but I very recently made arrangements for my finally completed body off restoration to be shipped from Macy's Garage. I was going to drive it home to Kansas City but Mark prevailed upon me to have it shipped (in closed trailer). Some of you may remember my discussion regarding the color of top and tonneau. I decided on tan after looking at pictures and I am ever so glad. Here are a few pictures Mark sent me.

Attachments:
GugTR4-1321s_preview.jpeg    32.1 KB
GugTR4-1321s_preview.jpeg

GugTR4-1327s_preview.jpeg    33.6 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
GugTR4-1329s_preview.jpeg    28.5 KB
GugTR4-1330s_preview.jpeg    34.5 KB
GugTR4-1333s_preview.jpeg    43 KB
Trike4 Avatar
Trike4 Marcus G
Brighton, Michigan, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "Trike"
Wow! That looks excellent...how fun. That color combo is the best for BRG. Does Macy's Garage go completely through everything or just want you want?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JGug1 Avatar
I know that he did engine only for a friend with a TR3, but I don’t know if he would do part of a restoration. In my case, I brought him a truck full of Triumph parts. My tubs were not salvegable and he had to find a good tub. I did have a very good frame and the other could be used with work.

JGug1 Avatar
One last picture. I assume this was taken on the ramp at Macy's Garage. Mark drives cars he has restored for about 200 miles before turning them over to new owner.

Attachments:
TR4 Macy's Restoration.jpg    66 KB
TR4 Macy's Restoration.jpg

JGug1 Avatar
I brought it home. Gentlepeople, it is simply a beauty and joy forever. It arrived at about 6:00PM today. It was dark. We unloaded it and I thought I'd put a plate from my CRX on it to drive the 13 miles home but one look at that rear deck told me I wasn't going to attach any metal there. I'll have to figure out some kind of plastic thing to hold the plate. I'll have to get the car inspected and licensed but I have it insured. Anyway, I decided to just drive it home without a plate and accept the ticket if I got one. (I didn't) On the way, it started to rain a bit. I guess I'll never be able to claim that it "has never been driven in the rain." It sounds wonderful. I'm going to have to get used to where my left foot goes. As of now, it keeps pushing on the light dimmer. I am used to placing my foot on a left side "ramp" as it is on my 300ZX. I love it already. I don't know what I'm going to do about driving it to work because I always take my dog with me and he sheds horribly.....I'll work it out. For now, it is happily in my garage. What a journey it has been.

Attachments:
IMG_1500.JPG    40.5 KB
IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG    29.4 KB
IMG_1499.JPG    35.7 KB
IMG_1498.JPG    32.1 KB
Trike4 Avatar
Trike4 Marcus G
Brighton, Michigan, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "Trike"
Awesome! How much fun. After working on these cars I have an immense appreciation for all the parts and pieces, engineering and craftsmanship that as a whole make up a rolling breathing sculpture. Absolutely let your dog ride in the car. After that you wont fear anything. You have to break it in somehow.

Congrats!

JGug1 Avatar
That is SO funny. I was worried to death that someone would hit it when the driver parked in front of my clinic after unloading.
J

ducbsa Bruce Metcalf
Berryville, Virginia, USA   USA
I have rubber fender washers between the plate and the trunk lid to protect the paint. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a pair of snap in rubber bumpers/feet for the lower holes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-12 06:03 AM by ducbsa.

JGug1 Avatar
Yes, I was thinking of something like that, or maybe a rubber bar or even something shaped like the license plate. In any case, there is no way I am putting that plate on that BRG paint.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster