Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tommys4 Platinum Member Thomas G
Ojai, Calif., USA   USA
Finally

Finally the tub(body) is going to be media blasted , photos when it gets back.

TMG

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Ojai, Calif., USA   USA
My body is finished now i need to pick it up. Also had my seat frames cleaned and powder coated.

photos to follow..................... TMG

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
Desert TR has the top finished and the carpet and seats installed...moving closer to completion!
Rut

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
aamatruda Avatar
aamatruda Andy Amatruda
Attleboro, Massachusetts, USA   USA
Test fit the steering wheel after a long period of repair and refinishing. I was inspired by Desert TR's progress on Formula steering wheel and his overall guidance. Still a few more weeks to go (I hope) until it's ready to fire up after 2 long years.

Best Regards,

Andy Amatruda
1967 TR4-A IRS O/D

Attachments:
IMG_5715.JPG    61.6 KB
IMG_5715.JPG

Ojai, Calif., USA   USA
Hello to all...........

I picked up the body of my car. Today.......................

TMG .........

Attachments:
P1010027 (2).JPG    57.9 KB
P1010027 (2).JPG

BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
Cleaned up the 4A after a summer of road dust - wheeling it around southern VA and the back roads of north Raleigh. And parked it next to its new stable mate. Just to sit back and enjoy looking at em a little bit.

Couldn't help but think - kinda reminds me of the Quarterback and the Prom Queen.

Love em both. Time machines from another era - simpler cars, summer days - lot of good fun. Different versions of a similar theme.

Best,

Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

Attachments:
IMG_1836.JPG    83.7 KB
IMG_1836.JPG

malbaby Avatar
malbaby malcolm baker
kyabram, Australia   AUS
I know which car is the prom queen....lol.

BraxtonO Avatar
Took the old girl up to Virginia today - little under a two hour run.
Car. Performed. Perfect!
Every gauge good for the whole trip - absolutely enjoyable drive. Lot of fun. Just a great solid car.

We've run it around a lot over the summer - since getting it in the late spring. But this was the longest steady outing - most of it at road speed.

Put her away for the winter. Still got some tinkering to do on the MGA. And working on my garage - trying to get ready to do a frame-off on the TR6.

But this one - I think she will always be my favorite....

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

Attachments:
IMG_1850.JPG    71.8 KB
IMG_1850.JPG

aamatruda Avatar
aamatruda Andy Amatruda
Attleboro, Massachusetts, USA   USA
Getting closer. Interior and weather stripping in. Ready to drop the battery in and double checking the electrical this weekend.

Best Regards,

Andy Amatruda
1967 TR4-A IRS O/D

Attachments:
IMG_5741.JPG    61.4 KB
IMG_5741.JPG

BraxtonO Avatar
Pretty work Andy. Beautiful car - love the wheel!

Perdido Avatar
In reply to # 1492643 by BraxtonO Pretty work Andy. Beautiful car - love the wheel!

X2!
Rut

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
Added a fairly decent roof panel copy. I have a factory version that appears to have been used a sled riding saucer so I’ve something to compare to. This copy IS aluminum but there are enough differences to make me think someone made this. Looks the part from the outside

Also did a plastic tunnel with peal & seal on the underside. Also did the floors & firewall. Also did an overdrive box and the ARE wheels. This was more of a “what I did this summer”

Attachments:
784B4448-15A3-44E5-B794-395D5FCE87A4.jpeg    74.7 KB
784B4448-15A3-44E5-B794-395D5FCE87A4.jpeg

F4FC6E41-6031-4960-BFE8-3C513063C4CA.jpeg    61.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
BraxtonO Avatar
Nice 4 Todd - envious of the Surrey. Maybe I'll find one - someday...

Best,
Braxton

Perdido Avatar
Color sand, color sand, more color sanding under the bonnet and in the boot on DesertTR and under the bonnet on the Bugeye. Start with 1500, then 2000, finish up with 3000 followed by compound...when will it end? The whole point is to get everything as good as possible while gaining experience before I start color sanding the outside of cars. It’s amazing how much work you do by feel!
Rut

Teterman2005 Avatar
Teterman2005 Brian T
San antonio, Texas, USA   USA
My tr-4 started missing, but I kept driving it for a bit (funny how these cars can still run on 3 cylinders....).

Finally pulled the spark plugs and found this.....yikes!

Installed new plugs and it was like I’d put in a new ignition system, now running great! Drove it for over an hour and got some groceries.....love my 4

Brian

Regards,

Brian
'64 TR4

Attachments:
BACE4355-30B6-410E-BD71-BDA7C5EC1D4F.jpeg    51.7 KB
BACE4355-30B6-410E-BD71-BDA7C5EC1D4F.jpeg

97B14BA8-7C0F-473E-9FB0-1BF3313FF6DD.jpeg    55.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster