Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ducbsa Bruce Metcalf
Berryville, Virginia, USA   USA
That inspires me to look at my plugs!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Teterman2005 Avatar
Teterman2005 Brian T
San antonio, Texas, USA   USA
Bruce, you should! A quick pull and $12 later cured a number of issues besides the missing cylinder. Starts better, “carb issues” I was suspecting went away, etc. I know I’m lucky the rest of the system is good, but the change was pretty dramatic.

Regards,
Brian

Regards,

Brian
'64 TR4

aamatruda Avatar
aamatruda Andy Amatruda
Attleboro, Massachusetts, USA   USA
It lives! After a 2 year ground up restoration, the 4A started and moved in and out of the garage under its own power. Sure, some nagging things to address (misc leaks, need to bleed brakes again, final engine tune, 4 wheel alignment, etc), but we have really turned the corner. Big thank you to all in this group for their support and to Dessert TR in the great beyond. Couldn't have done it without you.

Best Regards,

Andy Amatruda
1967 TR4-A IRS O/D

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
2017 TR front.jpg    64.9 KB
2017 TR front.jpg

Tommys4 Platinum Member Thomas G
Ojai, Calif., USA   USA
Very nice Andy, now it's time to enjoy your car

TM German

aamatruda Avatar
aamatruda Andy Amatruda
Back to reality - brand new fuel pump failed after less than 15 minutes of running - stuck on the side of the road!

Best Regards,

Andy Amatruda
1967 TR4-A IRS O/D

Fictioneer Avatar
Fictioneer Doug Hirt
Colorado Springs, CO, USA   USA
In reply to # 1495220 by aamatruda Back to reality - brand new fuel pump failed after less than 15 minutes of running - stuck on the side of the road!

From whom did you buy the pump, Andy? Did you contact them? If so, are they taking care of the problem?

Doug

"Mr. Filby, do you think he'll ever return?"
"One cannot choose but wonder. You see . . . he has all the time in the world!"

jplatel1 jacob P
Albany, NY, USA   USA
Just a quick tire change on the side of the road

Attachments:
20171028_162927.jpg    73 KB
20171028_162927.jpg

IrishGT Ed Boylan
Hingham, Massachusetts, USA   USA
November in New England (11/3) and it was 72 degrees (!) so off for a top down drive through the beautiful New England fall colors (southeastern MA) with a million smiles, horn honks, and thumbs up from people who always love to see any older car on the road, especially a supposed-to-be cold one.

At Starbucks my parking spot was right in front of the shop...had five people come out to tell me they love the car and 4 more inside telling me they loved my car. Interestingly, all of them, male and female, got the Triumph and the TR 4. Obviously a very sophisticated crowd! And, of course, when you tell them a) it's your very first car and b) you've had it for 49 years, that drives (no pun intended) a lot of other story swaps. My contribution to a happier world.

Irish
1965 TR 4

Attachments:
8-8-2010 Pat-Ed-TR4-40th Anniversary.JPG    79.5 KB
8-8-2010 Pat-Ed-TR4-40th Anniversary.JPG

aamatruda Avatar
aamatruda Andy Amatruda
Jacob (and others),

Just a question on your jack and handle. I just bought a smaller scissors jack and handle from TRF as the one that came with the car when I purchased it were too large to fit with the tire in the boot. I purchased the trunk board (never had one before) and am now trying to make it all fit. The new jack is much smaller and the handle shorter. So now I see your photo and it seems you have a folding jack handle - appears to be very similar to what I had originally.

If possible, could you send my a photo of your jack and handle? Also, if they are indeed as large as the original ones I have, when do you position them in the boot?

Best Regards,

Andy Amatruda
1967 TR4-A IRS O/D

Tommys4 Platinum Member Thomas G
Ojai, Calif., USA   USA
Greetings to all
I tore apart my gearbox& overdrive , this is the first time these have been apart in the 36years I have owned this car. For everything
there is a time........It wasn't is bad off as I thought,so clean everything wait for parts well when I order them..............

TM German

Attachments:
P1010021 (5).JPG    71.6 KB
P1010021 (5).JPG

P1010019 (5).JPG    61 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
jplatel1 jacob P
Albany, NY, USA   USA
In reply to # 1495863 by aamatruda Jacob (and others),

Just a question on your jack and handle. I just bought a smaller scissors jack and handle from TRF as the one that came with the car when I purchased it were too large to fit with the tire in the boot. I purchased the trunk board (never had one before) and am now trying to make it all fit. The new jack is much smaller and the handle shorter. So now I see your photo and it seems you have a folding jack handle - appears to be very similar to what I had originally.

If possible, could you send my a photo of your jack and handle? Also, if they are indeed as large as the original ones I have, when do you position them in the boot?

I think it's a Jack from a jeep. I'll take a photo next time I'm out in the garage, if you're still interested!

tomster Avatar
tomster Tom Dunbar
Annapolis, Maryland, USA   USA
Took delivery. Let the fun begin!

Attachments:
IMG_2543.jpg    56.6 KB
IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg    90.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Teterman2005 Avatar
Teterman2005 Brian T
San antonio, Texas, USA   USA
Impressive project TM! I’m much to terrified to take apart a gearbox but nobody does these anymore, so probably will have to learn sometime

Regards,

Brian
'64 TR4

aamatruda Avatar
aamatruda Andy Amatruda
On my 2nd (or 3rd) ignition switch due to intermittent contact in the "on" position. The new one I just installed has only made it for a few months before giving out. I disassembled the previous one only to find an inherent problem with the assembly. The hemispherical contacts are supposed to seat with the hemispherical terminal ring, but they are misaligned in the "on" position. I appears the center plastic shaft is misaligned relative to the angular terminal locations in the "on" position, but mate perfectly in the "acc" position. I have ordered a NOS ignition switch, but still have my doubts until I test it. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Best Regards,

Andy Amatruda
1967 TR4-A IRS O/D

Attachments:
Alternator - Ignition Switch issues.jpg    46.6 KB
Alternator - Ignition Switch issues.jpg

JGug1 Avatar
JGug1 Platinum Member James Guglielmino
Mission, Kansas, USA   USA
It wasn't actually today. It was a couple of days ago and I'm too tired to try to post pictures. However, I asked on the forum what color top and tonneau I should get, black or tan. Pictures kindly sent led me to choose tan and AM I EVER GLAD I DID. Mark Macy sent pictures of the car with tonneau and top.....It is so gorgeous that I am going to be afraid to drive it.........Good LORD. Pictures coming. Thank you all.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster