AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Re: Carbs
Tommys4 Platinum Member Thomas G
Ojai, Calif., USA   USA
Howdy All

Not a lot of options when I was thinking of a change. So I am running 42 DCOE 8 Webers. However they do not work well on a stock engine.
So it has to be breathed on. I did all of this in the mid 80s, Isky cam,header, milled head .090 which gives you 10to1 compression. 87mm pistons.
With the head milled at .090 or more you have to run a steel shim Head Gskt. Now they have a solid copper Gskt. The car was amazing to drive
fast!!!! Now I'm older more $ less brains and a lot of go fast parts in my garage waiting to be installed. photo of my cyl. head at .127....

Have a great Day TMG

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P1010017 (4).JPG    44.4 KB
P1010017 (4).JPG

P1010004 (10).JPG    40 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
P1010015 (5).JPG    52.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
JimG Avatar
JimG Jim G
Aurora, CO, USA   USA
FYI,
The solid copper gaskets are very sensitive to liner protrusion. You need to have it very accurate or you make milkshakes in the crankcase.
That copper does not compress, at all.
Stick with the shim steel or cometic. For those running 89mm bores, you can call Cometic and order a TR4 gasket with 92mm fire rings. They don't advertise them on the website.
Part # H-0793-SP-4043-F at .043" thick. Shim steels are fine, just use a couple good coats of aerosol copper coat. They also work for the 89's.
jg

jefftriumph Avatar
jefftriumph Jeff F
Buffalo, New York, USA   USA
Do the mikiunis bolt up to the stock manifold?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
JimG Avatar
JimG Jim G
Aurora, CO, USA   USA
They do with the rubber boot adapters, just like MC's. Not that you have to with Mikunis but when i had to take carbs off for other work I could get one off in about one minute, start to finish. One manifold hose clamp, one fuel line clamp and one screw for the throttle linkage & done.
jg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster