AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tirnipgreen Avatar
tirnipgreen Silver Member Ryals Cheek
Ellijay, GA, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "YIN"
1965 Triumph TR4 "YANG"
If you haven't seen this combo...wish I were closer...! Ryals

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/d/tr4a-engine-and-overdrive/6438446674.html

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
No lockout switches on top cover.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

oldhokie Gold Member DAN ALLEN
Myersville, MD, USA   USA
In reply to # 1505544 by TR3driver No lockout switches on top cover.

And no solenoid. - makes you wonder what was going on with that pairing and whether it was ever used. Earlier today I contacted the seller for more information and mentioned those issues. I have not received a response.

Dan

Member Services:
Engineering, design and fabrication of custom. hard to find, or NLA parts and tools. No job too small.
tirnipgreen Avatar
tirnipgreen Silver Member Ryals Cheek
Ellijay, GA, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "YIN"
1965 Triumph TR4 "YANG"
Guess I didn't look closely, just threw it out there for anyone close enough to be interested in the pair. I appreciate you guys ability to see what I didn't...Thanks, Ryals

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Not my point, Ryan, it's still a good find.

Something I also just noticed, the part number 1374 on the tag indicates it's an early TR4 OD at best. 1374 was used on late TR2 through early TR4, and has the big accumulator.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, AL, USA   USA
And motor is from a late TR4a. A good deal, if it was closer I would be looking at it. Kyle- where are you?
Marv

oldbagpipe Avatar
oldbagpipe Alec Buchan
Bellingham, WA, USA   USA
Hey Marv, I'm probably even closer than Kyle as it's only about 60 minutes south of me. I thought about it when it first came up, but I have a spare engine already and just sold my OD as I am now running a Quaife Dog Box for my transmission. I could make some time to look at it for you, if you are interested.

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, AL, USA   USA
Alec,
Shipping ( freight) would push it out of good deal range for me. By the serial number its a late engine so it should have the better valve head which is getting harder to find. You could buy it and resell trans to come out with free or all most free engine.

Marv

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-05 08:44 AM by mgruber921.

oldbagpipe Avatar
oldbagpipe Alec Buchan
Freight is a tough one. A couple months ago, I shipped the OD out of my crashed car and the shipping from WA to TX was slightly above $200.

I thought about this one but I have two complete race engines, plus an additional two extra heads, and four extra blocks. Hopefully, they 'should' get me through a couple events...If they don't, I need to go back to golf...

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, WA, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
In reply to # 1505849 by mgruber921 And motor is from a late TR4a. A good deal, if it was closer I would be looking at it. Kyle- where are you?
Marv

I saw this when it popped up and sent the link to my friend. Never heard if he was interested. I managed to get one of the late 4a heads with the last engine I purchased in May last year. Rebuilt but needs to be cleaned up. Still deciding what to do with the block and crank/engine parts from that engine. 89mm motor while I save up to rebuild original engine with Mahle 87mm kit. Need to finish gt6 first I guess. Kyle.

pfw565 John Dickinson
Vancouver/Okanagan Falls, BC, Canada   CAN
I contacted the seller before the listing was removed as I am interested in the engine (long story, I need a decent bottom end.....). He told me he was moving on 1 Jan and was hoping to sell before then, otherwise it was going into his garage/storage until later in the year while he sorted out his move, etc. A friend who rebuilds transmissions was going to take the tranny and OD. Anyway, its off the market for now.

I did a full rebuild, gas flow, etc. on a later head to replace mine which was cracked/unrepairable. I broke off one of the long head studs (going to put ARP studs in) and can't get the remnants out. I was hoping not to do a bottom end rebuild this winter but now it looks like I will need to pull the engine anyway to get the stud machined out. As my engine is a bit tired I was wondering if I could find a decent block, crank, pistons, etc. and drop that in for now.

If anyone in the Pacific NW has one they would be willing to part with please let me know.

Cheers
John

oldbagpipe Avatar
oldbagpipe Alec Buchan
I'm not really looking to sell too much but I might be able to help you John. I've got a 'decent' set of spares between here and where we keep our camper. Only problem is I can't guaranty anything beyond my two race engines; I've picked up 'treasures' here and there and they might only be good for anchors or yard art...

If you want to talk, send me an email and we can go from there.

Slai'nte

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-07 03:09 PM by oldbagpipe.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1975 Triumph TR6

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links