AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Desert TR
  This topic is about my 1966 Triumph TR4A
Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
It’s been awhile since I posted my progress on Desert TR and I’ve been basically piddling around with it since I’ve got my sons Jeep and the Bugeye in their final (ha ha) stages. Jim put Grosse Jets in the SUs and they were both stuck closed, so I cleaned them out and the engine sputtered to life...amazing what fuel does for an engine! So far everything looks good, engine idles about 900 and needs the choke to fire up and run, oil pressure is 60 cold idle, and no leaks could be seen, felt, or smelled. I’ve not let it run long enough to get up to temp and once I juggle the cars around so I can move it outside I’ll let it run to make sure everything’s still ok. This may be the weekend I take if for a drive if all goes well.
Rut

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
7873jake Avatar
7873jake Jake Taylor
Deland, Florida, USA   USA
I'm reading this and smiling, excited for you, as it seems almost like I met a celebrity when I got to see Desert TR in real life and slip behind her wheel to make vroom sounds.

Good luck this weekend, I hope (1) it happens and (2) it goes off without a hitch.

--Jake

BL50 Avatar
BL50 Silver Member Brian Leslie
Grosse Pointe, Michigan, USA   USA
Good news, Rut ... thanks for the update!

Brian

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster