AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

tirnipgreen Avatar
tirnipgreen Ryals Cheek
Ellijay, GA, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "YIN"
1965 Triumph TR4 "YANG"
I can't seem to get my overdrive selanoid to kick in using the switch. It works when I put a hot lead directly to it. The switch operates properly (ohm meter test). The relay works properly (ohm meter and direct current). The brown wire (C1) is hot. What is left that could be keeping it from kicking in....? Probably something simple...I know...! I appreciate any commentary....Ryals

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
Do you feel or hear the relay click when you sw overdrive on. You are running wiring thru isolator sws on trans. Be sure to have trans in gear so at least one of isolator sws are engaged.

Marv

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-05 02:03 PM by mgruber921.

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
+1 on isolator switch as first suspect. If you already have it in 2nd, 3rd or 4th, the switch may be bad. Try the other switch (ie 2nd if you used 3rd or 4th before; or 4th if you used 2nd before).

After that, look to see if there is 12v across W1 and W2 at the relay. If not, work backwards to why (could be bad operating switch). Also check across C1 and C2. If you find 12v across W1-2 and also 12v across C1-2; the relay is bad.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links