AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Speedo
  This topic is about my 1965 Triumph TR4A
briarpatch Avatar
briarpatch Grant G
Kennewick, Washington, USA   USA
I hope I can explain this properly. We just finished a complete restoration of our TR4A. After a few miles with the speedometer registering but jumping about ten miles an hour at 60. Then it just quit working. Easy fix, right. Just replace the cable. But we have installed an overdrive transmission which requires the use of the angle fitting at the trans. So I buy a new angle fitting and cable. Then I find out that it has to be accessed from above. So I have to remove the seats, the dash support, the carpet and the trans cover. My question is this: Is there a way to locate and cut an opening in the trans cover, without removing the cover? Any other ideas. Thanks, Grant.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, Washington, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
Someone is making a split tunnel, so I'd personally pull the interior one more time to install the split tunnel. Aside from that, not much in the line of options. Kyle.

briarpatch Avatar
briarpatch Grant G
Kennewick, Washington, USA   USA
I just ordered the split tunnel. Now I have something to do during the winter.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster