Triumph tr4a timber dash

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Yellowjag1966 Silver Member Simon Butler
London, London, UK   GBR
Hi everyone, I have recently bought myself a rust free Californian 65 tr4a irs here in the uk. According to the paperwork it’s been here since 1990 and secreted away in dry storage. A windscreen sticker, something like a raffle ticket gives details of a salvage dealer in the us and I have now discovered evidence that it’s been in a front end shunt at some time and am guessing that before it left the states the damage had rendered it undriveable and therefore consigned to salvage.
I’m pleased with it as it’s very original and am now in the process of stripping it down completely. The impact damage to the chassis has affected the drivers wheel and pushed it back slightly cracking the suspension turret.
I would like to find out more history for the car before it came to the UK but don’t know where to start. The US registration number is TUT053 and it’s a black/yellow Californian plate. I’m aware of British Heritage but I was wondering more about its history after it was sold. Is there anyone who can give me a start. Simon

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster