AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Eric w105 Avatar
Eric w105 Eric Walsh
Fairfield, Ohio, USA   USA
what would you pay for a 2nd motor from a junk yard or a you pull and pay
I think I would like to have a spare motor and gear dox but they wont 650.00$$ for the set its from a 1963 tr4 Your thoughts would help

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bobbylrowland bobby l
cochran, ga., USA   USA
Is it being sold as good used or rebuildable?

Eric w105 Avatar
Eric w105 Eric Walsh
as is used

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
bobbylrowland bobby l
cochran, ga., USA   USA
While they are getting harder to find,that's about 3 times what I'd pay in this situation.For all you know it could only be a really heavy boat anchor.

Eric w105 Avatar
Eric w105 Eric Walsh
that's what I was thinking thanks

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, Washington, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
I sold almost complete Tr4 engine for $350. Picked up another one, disassembled for less than $200 which includes a rebuilt head. I’ve had several more over the years, and complete with carbs and turning isn’t a lot. I here on the forum a couple years ago went for less than $1000, but that was a runner with a fresh rebuild. Kyle.

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
I get $300 for a head, $100 for crank, $100 for pistons and liners. Front plate will sell for $50, haromic balancer $40. Flywheel $50. It adds up

Marv

bobbylrowland bobby l
cochran, ga., USA   USA
unless your some kind of master salesman those parts carry guarantee to be good.The one listed above was as is.

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
Even if you paid half that, 4-speed gearboxes and 4 engines take time to sell (if we’re talking about reselling) plus your time pulling the bits. Oh and storage. In many cases it’s not worth doing.

If you need bits off it, just get what you need...well unless it had 250 seats(it did)...you buy those regardless.

Eric w105 Avatar
Eric w105 Eric Walsh
I'm looking for a spar engine and gear box to rebelled and learn how to work on with out taking my car off the road

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
Pretty sure I have a gearbox and I know I have an engine.

Pm me your number

Jhallc Jeffrey Chormann
Acton, MA, USA   USA
I picked up a 63 TR4 that needed an engine rebuild for $750. It was a complete car that had lots of other parts that I needed for my other TR4 that is mainly a frame and tub that's about 60% there. The tub did come with an engine and transmission as well as various large body parts but not much of the minor things like calipers,door handles, trim etc. For an engine alone it seems like it should be half what they are asking.

Geko Avatar
Geko Stef SG
Kuala Lumpur, WP, Malaysia   MYS
650$ is fairly priced if you need one, no contest

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-26 08:15 PM by Geko.

oldbagpipe Avatar
oldbagpipe Alec Buchan
Bellingham, WA, USA   USA
Here's an engine and lots of sheet metal on CL which I just posted here: http://www.triumphexp.com/phorum/read.php?7,1499396

Attachments:
Parts Car.jpg    38.7 KB
Parts Car.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster