TRExp

TR4 & TR4A Forum

TR4 Radiator Duct - Which one is correct?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jflinney Avatar
jflinney John Linney
Saratoga, CA, USA   USA
I recently acquired a new radiator duct from Victoria British. The issue is that the black shiny finish is on the inside, not on the outside as with the existing part. Image001 is a photo of the existing part. Image002/image003 is the new part. The new part has the shiny black finish on the inside of the duct. I have raised this with them, but the QC department insists that their part is correct. What is everyone seeing on their TR4's - should I fit the new part or return it? Thanks for your help.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
image001.jpg    38.5 KB
image001.jpg

image003.jpg    37.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
image002.jpg    37.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Geko Avatar
Geko Stef SG
Kuala Lumpur, WP, Malaysia   MYS
The new part is correct

ric350 Avatar
ric350 Jim Feeney
Holmdel, NJ, USA   USA
Hard to see the inside surface on the one in my car, but the outside looks like your 3rd picture.

Jim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jflinney Avatar
jflinney John Linney
Saratoga, CA, USA   USA
Thanks! On your recommendations I fitted the radiator duct, and was happy to see it conformed to a number of other TR4’s at a show - even won a prize. It makes sense now that the shiny / water resistant side would be inside as that’s where all the water and dirt is going to be ingested.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster