TRExp

TR4 & TR4A Forum

1967 TR4a interior replacement question???

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Lotuss7 John B
Lafayette, CA, USA   USA
Hi All

I am replacing the interior on a 1967 TR4a. It is a Roadster Factory kit for both panels and carpets.

The interior was partially out when i got the car...so no reverse engineering memory, unfortunately.

The question has to do with the base of the B pillar at the floor. The kit provides a triangular piece of fiberboard which is to be covered in vinyl and adhered to the triangular portion at the base of the B pillar.

I have Googled this to death and it looks like the TR4 and TR6 are slightly different than the TR4a. Can't make sense of it.

And does the material overlap and cover the outer triangular surface which faces the door gap?

If anyone has clear photos or description of how this goes together it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance.

John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
TR4a int.JPG    10.2 KB
TR4a int.JPG

Trike4 Avatar
Trike4 Marcus G
Brighton, Michigan, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "Trike"
None of the painted door frame will show from the inside when you are done. The carpet with sewn vinyl wrapped over the sill and are then covered with the furflex. The triangle gets vinyl glued on, wrap the bottom and rear edge. The loose edge wraps over the sill and again is hidden by the furflex. The triangle backer is glued to the painted frame. The vertical piece of vinyl wraps the door frame sill as well and is hidden by the furflex.

Lotuss7 John B
Lafayette, CA, USA   USA
Thanks Marcus

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the condition?

Best,

John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Trike4 Avatar
Trike4 Marcus G
Brighton, Michigan, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "Trike"
Note how all painted interior bodywork s covered and trim. This is a TR6 but illustrates the triangle piece and how it finishes that area.

Attachments:
TR Trim Interior.jpg    54.4 KB
TR Trim Interior.jpg

Lotuss7 John B
Lafayette, CA, USA   USA
Thanks Marcus,

Very helpful.

Best,

John

oldhokie Gold Member DAN ALLEN
Myersville, Maryland, USA   USA
In reply to # 1491340 by Trike4 Note how all painted interior bodywork s covered and trim. This is a TR6 but illustrates the triangle piece and how it finishes that area.

That matching burl window sill trim is exceptional!! How did you manage that?

Dan

Member Services:
Engineering, design and fabrication of custom. hard to find, or NLA parts and tools. No job too small.
Outdoorfunguy85 John Tucker
San Diego, CA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1491043 by Lotuss7 Hi All

I am replacing the interior on a 1967 TR4a. It is a Roadster Factory kit for both panels and carpets.

The interior was partially out when i got the car...so no reverse engineering memory, unfortunately.

The question has to do with the base of the B pillar at the floor. The kit provides a triangular piece of fiberboard which is to be covered in vinyl and adhered to the triangular portion at the base of the B pillar.

I have Googled this to death and it looks like the TR4 and TR6 are slightly different than the TR4a. Can't make sense of it.

And does the material overlap and cover the outer triangular surface which faces the door gap?

If anyone has clear photos or description of how this goes together it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance.

John

If it's a vinyl wrap, contact Gatorwraps. They wrap all kinds of crazy things and lettering decals. You might also want to check Gatorprints.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster