AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

7873jake Avatar
7873jake Jake Taylor
Deland, Florida, USA   USA
Greetings all,

When we took delivery of the TR4A from the now late previous owner, included were a 2nd boot and bonnet.

They were a little dented and the tin worm had been in to them by the time we got them so they were never strong candidates for the restoration thus far. They aren't horribly gone and anyone with the skill or willingness to learn how to work with sheet metal could have the bonnet back to a reasonable state with some sweat equity. I've seen much worse come out much better.

The boot has a little more tin cancer in it but again, I've seen amateur hour panel beaters on YouTube turn way worse back in to workable parts.

Rather than let them sit any longer outside, slowly dissolving back in to the earth, I should probably hand them off to anyone in need of either or both.

Attached are a few pictures but I am willing to shoot more should a request for more come through.

They came as part of the kit with a 1967 TR4A but I have no way of confirming anything specific other than whats represented in the photos.

They are free, as is, where is. I will gladly help with any local interest in them but shipping them is going to be cost prohibitive.

I live in west Volusia county, about 20 miles west of Daytona Beach and about an hour north of Orlando. I'm about 2 hours south of Jacksonville.

If you can't get to them right away but suspect you could be in the area in the near (or not so near) future, I can sit on them for you until you or your brother-in-law can make it by to pluck them. I'm not trigger happy to rid my acreage of them just yet and they certainly aren't in the way... I just don't want to scrap or dump them if someone could benefit from them.

Cheers,

--Jake

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20171004_135311.jpg    46.5 KB
20171004_135311.jpg

20171004_135318.jpg    37.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20171004_135406.jpg    51.6 KB
20171004_135414.jpg    48.1 KB
Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
Jake,
I could really use those, but unfortunately I'm too far away...nuts!
Rut

7873jake Avatar
7873jake Jake Taylor
Deland, Florida, USA   USA
Rut,

Being that its you, and since (1) I was contemplating a trip to Barber in the not too distant future, (2) my GMC Canyon truck gets good gas mileage on the highway with its 4 cyl manual and (3) I'd like to see a little change in scenery involving a hill and some colored leaves, is there any way I could sucker you in to letting me deliver them to you for free? (I think Barber Vintage Festival hooliganism wraps up this week so things should slow down back to the way I like it up there in the not too distant future.)

I'll pressure wash the protective coating of sand and pine needles off and load them in the back of the truck, my father in the front and bring them up. In exchange, I'd want to see the vast collection of immaculately restored, fully driveable LBCs in residence at the Rut Rutledge Institute of Panel Beatin', Higher Learnin' and Thought Thinkin'

We can continue this "negotiation" in a private email if this meets with your approval.

--Jake

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
Jake,
You are too much and you drive a real hard bargain, but I might be able to swing it. The vast collection will probably disappoint since the MGB is driving, Desert TR is almost finished and might be driving by the time you come up, and the Bugeye just got back from paint yesterday and unloaded today, sans engine and transmission. The rest of the 'collection' is located at the farm and one TR4 is stored at a cousins shop in Tuscaloosa awaiting disassembly to see what's usable. I may be king of the $500 TR4a collection and I'm trying to bump that average value up.
Thanks, Rut
Check your PMs...

bteichgraber Avatar
bteichgraber Brian Teichgraber
Tsawwassen, BC, Canada   CAN
Could be interested

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster