TR4A Restoration "Complete"

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

rsanford Raleigh Sanford
Millington, Tennessee, USA   USA
When I started my restoration project the first of the year, my goal was to have it ready for our local country fair/car show on September 30. I made it and entered the car. There were over 50 cars. We had an English theme and and had my 1/2 English sheepdog there along with information, TR4A ads, British flag etc. There was also some idiot making an attempt to look like Austin Powers (get it, the swinging 60s). All the people seemed to really like the dog and the costume but especially the car. The car won the People's Choice Award for best of show. When I drove it the hundred yards or so up there Saturday morning, it was the first time the car had been on the road in 30 years. So all in all a great success. I have been driving it a little further each day and still have a lot to address and finish up. I am attaching photos. I want to thank everybody on the forum for all of their help. Marvin, Rut (especially with reveneering the dash) and Jim in Albuquerque went out of their way to be accessible other than through the forum and were all very helpful. Even though sadly he is no longer with us, Jim's answers continue to pop up when I search online. Like I said, I still have a lot of work to do so I will continue to ask questions and maybe every every once in a while I may can provide an answer to someone. Thanks again. Raleigh. By the way, the idiot is me.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_3796.JPG    61 KB
IMG_3796.JPG

IMG_3795.JPG    50.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_3799.JPG    50.3 KB
IMG_3800.JPG    57.7 KB
Trike4 Avatar
Trike4 Marcus G
Brighton, Michigan, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "Trike"
Congratulations! Looks wonderful, now enjoy and tinker...

rsanford Raleigh Sanford
Thanks and I guess the tinker phase is eternal.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sparrowpi Avatar
sparrowpi Silver Member David Sherrow
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA   USA
Beautiful car. Excellent work.

roncohudd Avatar
roncohudd Gold Member Ronald Huddleston
Muenster, Texas, USA   USA
1967 Triumph Spitfire "Lucy"
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkII "Lucifer"
1997 Ford Ranger "Little Red"
2001 Yamaha MC XV1600A "NOT THE HONDA"    & more
Very sweet. Wish my spitfire was that far along.

ric350 Avatar
ric350 Jim Feeney
Holmdel, NJ, USA   USA
Beautiful!

Jim

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
Looks good! I like a white TR. Glad to be of some help.
Marv

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
In reply to # 1489781 by mgruber921 Looks good! I like a white TR. Glad to be of some help.
Marv

I second Marvs comments...beautiful car!
Rut

rsanford Raleigh Sanford
Thanks for all the compliments. To everyone out there, if I can do it, anybody can do it.

Britnut Randy DeRuiter
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA   USA
In the spirit of things, "yeah baby, yeah!" I'd cue Austin Powers music too if I had the capability!

Well done - did you restore the sun visors, or were you able to buy replacements? They look very correct.

rsanford Raleigh Sanford
The sun visors were original to the car and there were no cracks or other damage. I cleaned them up and painted them with plastic/vinyl paint and voila. It turns out I didn't need any but I kind of had it in my head replacements were not available.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster