AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Steering Wheel/Horn Problem
  This topic is about my 1965 Triumph TR4A
briarpatch Avatar
briarpatch Grant G
Kennewick, Washington, USA   USA
My original banjo type steering wheel needed some work so I removed it today and will use a Moto Lita while I work on the original. Here is my problem. I see where the Moto Lita cap has accommodation for a wire attachment. I cannot figure out how to get power from the insulator plate, through the steering wheel, and into the cap. If the "spring loaded plunger" is used to contact the insulator plate what does it contact on the horn cap side of the wheel? Am I missing a piece from Moto Lita? Also, I do not see anyway to use the three pronged "nut" keeper for the nut that holds the steering wheel on the splined shaft. Any help will be appreciated.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Geko Avatar
Geko Stef SG
Kuala Lumpur, WP, Malaysia   MYS
Moto lita is counter intuitive and always cause problem. I cut a copper disc of the inner diameter of the push horn button, drilled it in the center and screwed it to the push horn button so the pen brush (your spring loaded plunger) is always in contact with the copper disc. The contact is made through the center nut of the push horn which itself connect to the spring inside the button which contacts the boss through the pegs sticking out the push or button. Hope my rambling makes sense, i'm sure it does.

briarpatch Avatar
briarpatch Grant G
Kennewick, Washington, USA   USA
Geko - I am old and slow but after several reads, it became clear and makes sense. I noticed that Moto Lita makes a pencil contact wich replaces the spring loaded original contact. The pencil contact has a wire on the horn button end. I cannot figure out what would hold the pencil contact in place. Thanks for your help.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster