AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Muffler
Roy Avatar
Roy roy o
Marietta, GA, USA   USA
Whats a good generic muffler to use on a TR ?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Reddragon Avatar
Reddragon Dale M
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "Road Runner"
1974 Triumph TR6 "Tweety"
Roy

On the Tr 6, there is a Dyno Max round muffler. It does not drone going down the highway between 60 -70 mph with the top down. Gives good sound going thru the gears.

Red

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
I've been having the local muffler shop install Cherry Bomb brand mufflers on all my Triumphs. They come in various lengths and diameters, seem to last a long time. The part I like best is letting him be the one under the car with rust falling in his eyes.
https://cherrybomb.com/

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Trike4 Avatar
Trike4 Marcus G
Brighton, Michigan, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4
1963 Triumph TR4 "Trike"
A muffler shop can install anything that fits, but you'll want a muffler and resonator. Without the resonator the sound is way too loud. If you want Originality then you'll be going to Moss, TRF, or English parts, etc....

Geko Avatar
Geko Stef SG
Kuala Lumpur, WP, Malaysia   MYS
Is there such thing like a "generic" muffler? Sounds funny to me

oldhokie Gold Member DAN ALLEN
Myersville, Maryland, USA   USA
In reply to # 1488541 by Geko Is there such thing like a "generic" muffler? Sounds funny to me

More commonly described as "universal" fit. I plan on using two of these on mine:

MagnaFlow SS Performance Muffler

Dan

Member Services:
Engineering, design and fabrication of custom. hard to find, or NLA parts and tools. No job too small.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster