Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Perdido Avatar
Perdido Gold Member Rut Rutledge
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA   USA
I picked up my frame from the shop after sandblasting and powder coating and really like the work they did. I want to have the lower fulcrum brackets powder coated as well, but I don't know if it will leave room for the poly bushings I plan on installing. The brackets came from TRF by way of Revington I believe and on two the studs are straight and parallel and on the other two they are not. Is this correct and should I powder coat?
Thanks, Rut

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
Desert TR Avatar
Desert TR Gold Member Jim P
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA   USA
Rut,

I have to go by the originals. The studs were perpendicular to the mounting plate. Powder coat is theoretically no thicker than paint. Just remember to tape off the threads. I always use taps and dies to chase the threads after painting to make sure the hardware goes on correctly, but powder coat is harder and much more difficult to clean off.

Jim

Attachments:
007.JPG    57.4 KB
007.JPG

Perdido Avatar
Jim,
Thanks for the info! The brackets I have are the TR6 style with longer dual studs to compensate for the extra 3/16" plates welded inside the original mounts. I think I'll have them powder coated along with the rest of the suspension parts once I have it disassembled.
Rut

Perdido Avatar
Spoke with Albert at TRF and he is going to check his stock of lower fulcrum brackets and see if they are supposed to be straight on all 4...if so, he will send me 2 new ones.
Rut

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster