Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

1147cc Avatar
1147cc Silver Member Douglas Hansen
Westminster, SC, USA   USA
no spare tire. the fuel tank will be in that location.
the rear of the car will be just like a GT6 boot; less the spare as Ill put the battery on the right side.
and a deck above it all.

basically like the Dove's but without the rear seat and a lower rear deck etc...

Douglas Hansen
New Parts; Engine Rebuilds; Sheet Metal work and Advice.
http://www.1147cc.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
1147cc Avatar

Start of my GTR5 build

Douglas Hansen

ShortBulge Brian LeBlanc
Falls Church, Virginia, USA   USA
That looks better than the factory version!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BraxtonO Avatar
BraxtonO Gold Member Braxton O
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA   USA
That’s a lot of work - some might challenge - why? But I see it. Bunch of colors make it difficult to get an overall impression. But with the new roof line it begins to look a lot like an Aston Martin baby DB5. Seems to call out for a Silver Birch paint job.

Keep it up. Give us some updates as you go.

Thanks,
Braxton

" You know - I love this thing. She's got a few leaks, but it's only the engine, gearbox, and the diff - so not too bad....."

James E Avatar
James E Silver Member Jimmy Campbell
Bedford, Va, USA   USA
In reply to # 1498351 by 1147cc no spare tire. the fuel tank will be in that location.
the rear of the car will be just like a GT6 boot; less the spare as Ill put the battery on the right side.
and a deck above it all.

basically like the Dove's but without the rear seat and a lower rear deck etc...

Might be a little tight but the boot lid could be trimmed just inside the GT6 top and a nice fiber board could be trimmed to cover that area and have lanyards fastened to the fiber cover and the rear hatch so that when the hatch is opened the fiber cover would raise as well. Does that make since? I love it with that GT6 top on.

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
Very cool...something I’ve thought of for years.

Why did you decide on using the MK3 GT6 vs Mk2? I figure the windscreen would be an easier fit on Mk2...could be angles don’t work?

Are you gonna do a TR6 fuel cap on the passenger side as they did with the Spitfire Lemans?

How did the door glass line up?

Wonder what a TR3 spare tire door would look like down low?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 09:26 AM by gozto11.

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA   USA
While it’s not a 4, it’s not exactly a 250 either

http://www.tr250v8.com

Fictioneer Avatar
Fictioneer Doug Hirt
Colorado Springs, CO, USA   USA
Talk about "one of a kind". You certainly aren't going to pass anything like it on the road. I concur with Braxton. The car beckons SIlver Birch, and an ejection passenger seat, or maybe a pair of wing machine guns? winking smiley

"Mr. Filby, do you think he'll ever return?"
"One cannot choose but wonder. You see . . . he has all the time in the world!"

1147cc Avatar
Theres LOTS of room inside the boot area. I have enough room for 2 full size carry ons on the deck just under the rear glass.
I prefer the 2.0L 6 cylinder more than the 2.5 so thats the plan and why Im calling it a GTR5. its not a 5 and its not a Dove'
I just couldnt justify having a "GT" with just a 4 cylinder but didnt want to throw the 2.5 in like everyone else as I like the faster rev and smoother like the stock 4.
Plan to have the fuel filler on the drivers side just in front of the 1/4 vent. the pipeing will be tight fit for the interior tho.

Never thought about the TR3 spare lid idea... I might have to tape or draw it on to see how it looks.
but then again theres no reason to have a door... i have no spare and the only thing behind a door would be the fuel tank.

Douglas Hansen

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-11-21 11:50 AM by 1147cc.

JGug1 Avatar
JGug1 Platinum Member James Guglielmino
Mission, Kansas, USA   USA
I think you sent a picture of that car to me a number of months ago, Doug. I think it is pretty interesting too and I'd love to see it when it is painted. By the way, carbs I got from you aren't installed in the car yet. The engine isn't completed and they are working on my TR7. However, my TR4 IS done and should arrive this coming week from Macy's.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster