TRExp

TR2 & TR3 Forum

What did you do with your TR2/TR3 today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
Bob Schaller wrote about using a modified bolt and a grease gun to force the pistons out. Worked really slick for me, after trying all sorts of soaking, heating, PB Blaster, 180 psi air and so on. Page 29 in https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2H2NJt34OffMmE1YTU0YzctMTQyOC00MmJmLWFiZGItNTI5ZjI3N2NjZTIy

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
tonytr3 Avatar
tonytr3 Tony M
Grosse Ile, Michigan, USA   USA
I said Kroil, but actually I used Mouse Milk. We used that stuff when I was working as an aircraft technician. It works. All the pistons are out. They are all scrap, badly corroded in the seal area. The bores of the calipers themselves look good. If I can get the broken screw and broken bleeder out, I may be able to rebuild both calipers. If one turns out to be bad, I will replace both.

tony

jerburke Avatar
jerburke Jeremy Burke
La Habra, CA, USA   USA
Had to have the radiator repaired. Decided it was a perfect time to install the Macy's Garage Hurricane Fan.
Thought it might help in the Southern California sun.

-Jeremy

1960 Triumph TR3A - Originally purchased new by my Grandfather
1929 Ford Coupe Hot Rod - Family Owned Since 1966
1929 Ford Roadster Pickup Hot Rod - Father/Son Project
2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser - Original Owner

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_5521.JPG    57.1 KB
IMG_5521.JPG

Ollie77777 Ollie H
Norwich, UK   GBR
Finally finished trimming and wiring the dash. Not to everyone's taste but I'm pretty pleased, it's certainly looking tidier than I did this time last year!

Attachments:
image.jpeg    35.4 KB
image.jpeg

image.jpg    43.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
christopizza Avatar
christopizza CHRIS S
YOUNGSVILLE, NC, USA   USA
1954 Triumph TR2 "Clarence"
1963 Triumph TR4 "Photene"
1969 Triumph TR6
1973 Triumph TR6 "6-Pack"
That dash is looking fantastic! I hope to be at that stage in a few months. What adhesive did you use to glue the material to the dash? I've done a few and have not been overly happy with various contact cements I've tried.

1954 TR2 long door "Clarence"
1963 TR4 German import "Photene"
1969 TR6 - needs a new home "Rusty"
1973 TR6 - needs paint - mechanicals completed "The Pig"

Trusty Paul Monette
Bad Homburg, Hessen, Germany   DEU
Beautiful...Your steering wheel is on the wrong side though. That’s your TR2, in Black? Nice car.

Ollie77777 Ollie H
Norwich, UK   GBR
Thanks, I used brush on evostick contact adhesive, spray on glue just wasn’t good enough.

tonytr3 Avatar
tonytr3 Tony M
Grosse Ile, Michigan, USA   USA
I put the tires back on and put it back on the lift. We had 5 inches of snow yesterday and having to clean my other car to go somewhere was a pain.

The tires, by the way, are new Michelin's on recently blasted and powder coated wheels. Looks good.

Those are the old tires and dirty wheels in the pic. Need to take a new one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-14 05:41 PM by tonytr3.

tr3hardtop Avatar
tr3hardtop Colin Gentle
Bethel, CT, USA   USA
Well, not quite today but last last Friday the 8th...After a number of years....body off/nut & bolt/rotisserie restoration it was finally time to take TS/81208-L-O around the block before the snow started, finally under it's own power after longer than I would care to admit.
Yikes, after a burn out up the driveway, how did that happen! What a thrill, all went well, have a list of things that need to be addressed but what the hell it was very cool. Been along time, dreaming about it!
Now to work on that list and by Spring a longer trip, maybe two blocks!
Merry Christmas to all...and Happy Holidays.
Cheers,
Colin
1961 TR3A TS/81208-L-O

Attachments:
TR D.jpg    53.2 KB
TR D.jpg

TR A.jpg    43.4 KB
TRB.jpg    49.7 KB
SANTA1.jpg    47.8 KB
JoeOtero Avatar
JoeOtero Silver Member Joe Otero
Lexington, Kentucky, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR3B
1968 Triumph GT6 MkI "Cali"
1971 TVR Vixen
1972 TVR Vixen
Very cool.. congrats Colin! AKA Santa!

Really like the color.. I'm heading down that same path of taking forever to get mine done.

Cheers
Joe Otero

Trusty Paul Monette
Bad Homburg, Hessen, Germany   DEU
Colin, is that Medici blue? Where did the roll bar come from? I’m in the process with a ‘57 TR3 and original color was Medici blue. Don’t believe I’ve ever seen one “live”. Your 3A is beautiful. Paul

tr3hardtop Avatar
tr3hardtop Colin Gentle
Bethel, CT, USA   USA
Thanks, the color is Cotswold Blue, not a '61 color but was used on earlier cars. Mentioned on Page 37 of Bill Piggott's book, Original Triumph. My Dad had one that color and always loved it.
The Roll Bar was with the car when I bought it, it was an after market bolt in deal, probably not quite as effective as a proper cage but it was a cool thing to have back in the day!
Cheers,
Colin
1961 TR3A TS/81208-L-O

Attachments:
tr roll bar.jpg    48.8 KB
tr roll bar.jpg

tub 3 copy.jpg    62.6 KB
IMG_6781 copy.jpg    72.3 KB
JGug1 Avatar
JGug1 Platinum Member James Guglielmino
Mission, Kansas, USA   USA
That really is an unusual color and the more I look at it, the more I like it. I'd love to see it with a tan top and side curtains.

tr3hardtop Avatar
tr3hardtop Colin Gentle
Bethel, CT, USA   USA
Tan would be a great option, I'm actually going to be running a Triumph Hardtop painted Sebring White. Much like the the Factory might have done for there Race/Rally cars.
Cheers,
Colin
1961 TR3A TS/81208-L-O

Bills62 William Sysman
Sugar Land, Texas, USA   USA
Hey Guys
Finished my TR3B. Working on my 1962 TR4

Attachments:
IMG_0565.JPG    45 KB
IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0601.JPG    69.9 KB
IMG_0594.JPG    55.4 KB
IMG_0572.JPG    48 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster