TRExp

TR2 & TR3 Forum

What did you do with your TR2/TR3 today?

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Did you repair or replace some worn out parts?
Add a new accessory?
Take it out for a drive on twisty back roads?

What did YOU do with your TR2 or TR3 today?

Post your update below......

Webmaster, The Triumph Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
BillyB62 Bill Hall
Moosup, Connecticut, USA   USA
I typically don't start my winter maintenance until February (I wait until my father-in-law heads back to Florida after Christmas). Next up is rear dampers - got 'em, just need to put them on.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sagebrushbob Avatar
sagebrushbob Bob Teal
La Quinta, CA, USA   USA
I spent 2 hours staring at the parts to my front suspension after having it powder-coated; trying to remember how it all went together. I took dozens of photos before disassembling it, but realized that it wasn't enough! I had everything marked, but sandblasting and painting tends to ruin that plan. Thank God I stamped positions into the major arm parts.
Bob

jcarr Jeff C
Camden, AR, USA   USA
My TR3 sat in the corner a gave me a sad face.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
P7030015.JPG    51.2 KB
P7030015.JPG

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Haha I know that feeling well... if too much time has passed between taking something apart and putting it back together there's always a bit of a learning curve at first. Good idea taking photos, and the stamps!

That photo is kind of heartbreaking, Jeff winking smiley I'm gonna have to post that on the Triumph Experience Facebook album

Skye

In reply to # 933279 by sagebrushbob I spent 2 hours staring at the parts to my front suspension after having it powder-coated; trying to remember how it all went together. I took dozens of photos before disassembling it, but realized that it wasn't enough! I had everything marked, but sandblasting and painting tends to ruin that plan. Thank God I stamped positions into the major arm parts.
Bob

Webmaster, The Triumph Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
TR3barton Avatar
TR3barton John Taylor
Greenfield, MA, USA   USA
Listers,

Today I refurbished my beep beep horns with a nice coat of medium black paint. I also installed a new lower windscreen gasket/seal.

We finished by mounting the bonnet/hood. It fits well.

Monday I will install the horns and connect the directional lights and I am getting close to the end.

A TR-3a driver.

I also discovered a problem with the Tenax

pucman1 Avatar
pucman1 John Puckett
Ashburn, VA, USA   USA
I looked and wondered how long before I can get the additional garage bay built.....and then walked back inside because it was too frigging cold.

My Project..Bought new in 57 by family.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pucman/sets/72157608177739192/

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-17 09:00 PM by pucman1.

1147cc Avatar
1147cc Silver Member Douglas Hansen
Westminster, SC, USA   USA
I thought about how much $ I dont have to order more parts

Douglas Hansen
New Parts; Engine Rebuilds; Sheet Metal work and Advice.
http://www.1147cc.com

Tugboat Michael Brady
Woodland, California, USA   USA
I took it on a test drive. Got my rebuilt carbs back from Joe Curto (who did a great job) before Christmas and today was the first time I had a chance to go for a spin.

Mike
1959 TR3A TS 44139L
1959 MGA GHNL 73015

TCF1760LO Avatar
TCF1760LO Silver Member Bruce Clough
Xenia, Ohio, USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR3B "The Grey Ghost"
1973 Triumph Stag "The FrankenStag"
1980 Triumph TR7 "Inca"
Dropped the oil pan, replaced the gasket, checked torque on some con rod end bolts, and basically froze my tush....

1957tr3greentub4me michael alford
pilo t mountain, north carolina, USA   USA
1957 Triumph TR3 "Oilleak"
i ordered the little beast a red wool carpet set from alldridge trimmers and a boot blanket to match ,also a cool stainless steel phoenix exhaust header and big bore kit ,and a set of the three bladed cutters for the centerloc wheels aka james bond style,still looking for a proper set of purple fuzzy dice ? any leads surely considered with care

sagebrushbob Avatar
sagebrushbob Bob Teal
La Quinta, CA, USA   USA
i was going to say something really nasty, like: "I was going to scrub my wire wheels today, but it's in the mid 80s and too hot in the sun".
But, I'm, too nice to do that.
Hope you guys get warm soon.
Bob
Palm Springs

TCF1760LO Avatar
Xenia, Ohio, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR7 "Inca"
Took the new Optima battery out of the shipping box and looked at it.

It's red.

Crankshaft Phil Ashcraft
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA   USA
Like Bob, I was going to wash the TR today. It's about 71 degrees here right now, but my wife would probably kill me if I brought the car into the family room.

TCF1760LO Avatar
Xenia, Ohio, USA   USA
1980 Triumph TR7 "Inca"
Discovered that the inexpensive audio amp somebody gave to me to use in The Grey Ghost required a lot of input filtering so I can use a cheap tablet as the signal source, installed a rear view mirror that should allow me to see the guy about to run into me, and installed a bracket to mount the Emerson version of a Go Pro camera (got it for $40 compared to the $300 for a Go Pro).

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster