Please Sign In or Register to Search

Tach/Speedometer gaskets

Posted by Aridgerunner 
Aridgerunner Avatar
William Bussler
Montoursville, PA, USA   usa
1956 MG MGA 1500 "The A"
1959 Triumph TR3A "The Mistress"

Does anyone know where to buy the rubber gasket that goes between the chrome bezel and the body of the instrument? See photo below. I know Moss sells the one that goes between the bezel and the dash panel but I doubt that will work.
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info

Attachments:
DSC_0698.JPG (41.8 KB) –
DSC_0698.JPG

Bill Hall
Connecticut, USA   usa

TRF has the kit (P/N RFK632) for all the guages. I have it my Wish List (just haven't bought it yet) and it typically goes on sale every other week.
JOEVACS Avatar
Joe Carter
Hickory, NC, USA   usa

Spitbits has um too
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
Aridgerunner Avatar
William Bussler
1956 MG MGA 1500 "The A"

Thanks guys.
Frank Conklin
San Diego,CA, USA   usa

Actually, that Roadster Factory kit is for the exterior gaskets. Nisonger is the only source for the inner gasket that I know of.
Frank

Mike Graham
Kemptville, Canada   can

I got mine from Nisonger too. Only source I found at the time. Cheers, Mike

http://www.nisonger.com
Aridgerunner Avatar
William Bussler
1956 MG MGA 1500 "The A"

I just called TRF yesterday and learned that. I will contact Nisonger.

Thanks guys.
CJD
john durant
Southlake, Texas, USA   usa

This thread got me going on my instruments for the TR2. I ordered the inside gaskets for all 6 instruments, and the chrome bezel rings from Nisonger. $126 for the whole kit and kabootle. Ouch. I have not disassembled the instruments yet, but merely hope they are rebuildable. More to follow...!

John
Southlake, TX
'60 TR3A
'55 TR2
John Stockinger
Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA   usa

If you are going to have them rebuilt , they will come back with new gaskets and bezels . Maybe you don't want to buy them first .
CJD
john durant
Southlake, Texas, USA   usa

I've never sent anything out to be rebuilt. You mean you can do that?

John
Southlake, TX
'60 TR3A
'55 TR2
Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   usa

FWIW, I found some small diameter silicone tubing that I think will work well for the gasket between the glass & bezel. I've also used soft O-ring stock in the past.

I'm not entirely convinced that the TR2-3 used a gasket between the gauge & panel. At least I never found any remains when disassembling various cars over the years. Later cars certainly did, though.

Lots of places will rebuild the gauges for you; but expect to pay $100-$200 each for the service.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild
John Stockinger
Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA   usa

Nisonger will . There are other places listed in Hemmings . gaugeguys.com for one . I have used Nisonger but had better luck with a local spedo shop .
Aridgerunner Avatar
William Bussler
1956 MG MGA 1500 "The A"

In reply to # 928529 by TR3driver FWIW, I found some small diameter silicone tubing that I think will work well for the gasket between the glass & bezel. I've also used soft O-ring stock in the past.

I'm not entirely convinced that the TR2-3 used a gasket between the gauge & panel. At least I never found any remains when disassembling various cars over the years. Later cars certainly did, though.

Lots of places will rebuild the gauges for you; but expect to pay $100-$200 each for the service.

All of the instruments in my 3A had the rubber O rings on them just behind the bezel. That location would seal them against the dash panel. $126 doesn't sound to bad when you consider what a complete set of nice looking instruments is worth and the visual impact they have as compared to some that don't look so good. The chances are good that your tach and speedometer work just fine and only need to be cleaned. Before sending them out for a rebuild try spinning them with a drill. If they work then all you have to do is clean the faces and glass and reassemble them. Be real careful of the needles while the units are apart cuz they bend very easily.

Reply to this topic or post your own questions!

Members Sign In if you've already registered, or

Register a New Account

Registration is free and takes less than a minute

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

TRExp Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

The Pub

Buy, Sell & Trade

Vendor Market

Spitfire & GT6

TR6 & TR250

TR7 & TR8