AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

cdozois Avatar
cdozois Platinum Member Craig Dozois
Englewood, Florida, USA   USA
Thanks much.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
davem Avatar
davem dave m
victoria bc, vancouver island, Canada   CAN
check out "longstone tyres" on the web
- they have some 165sr15 michelin xzx that are probably as close to the proper size as you can get
-price is GREAT- 87gbp delivered to your door -free shipping- you might get hit w/ $5/set for customs handling but ...
-i have these tires on my tr3a and also my morgan 4/4 and they are a great looking and driving tire-

SPACER R Gardner
Peterborough, ON, Canada   CAN
Just bought Nexen 165 80 R15 (SB802) radial tires from Walmart online only. Free delivery to nearest Walmart store in USA only.
They will not deliver to Walmart Canada.
Matching tubes also available.
Price very reasonable $59 ea tubes $8 ea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-27 03:34 PM by SPACER.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
cdozois Avatar
Hey R Gardner. Thanks for the info. Please let us know how you like the Nexens after you have some miles on them.
craig

pkpoole Avatar
pkpoole Patrick Poole
Winchester, Kentucky, USA   USA
Ditto on R. Gardner's Walmart Nexen 165R80-15's. And they put them on my new Dayton Chrome wire's. Did a nice job without scratching the chrome, also balancing. I just brought the wheels in, not the car. Can't beat the price (I think they were $60 each + installation). On my other TR3 (new Dayton painted wires) they were still making 165R70-15's at Firestone, so that's what is on it. However, the people installing got a little careless and scratched the paint on the inside of the wheel. I don't drive these cars much and rarely get 300 miles in a year on any of them, so I don't go overboard with the tires. Pat

'58 MGA Frame up 2007
'62 TR3A Frame-up 2010
'60 TR3A Frame-up 2014

gwalker greg walker
FT.MYERS, FLORIDA, USA   USA
Veredestein makes a nice looking period correct tire in a radial and myself and many others are very happy with them, use the 165's and got a 155 for the spare, easier to fit in. greg

miketr362 Avatar
miketr362 Mike Euziere
Cocoa, Florida, USA   USA
has anyone used 195s on the 15x5.5 wheel? I see above where people have kept the 165s, and those that went to 185 and Pat with 205s. Mike 62 TR3A

miketr362 Avatar
miketr362 Mike Euziere
Cocoa, Florida, USA   USA
let me please clarify about using 195/70R-15s. i have heard a couple people say I would have rubbing problems, but none have actually stated they have put 195s on their car???? I have not seen where anyone on this site has stated they are running 195s.

obviously 185s are working fine, i was just wondering if anyone has put 195s on 15x5.5 mini lites and if so did they have a rubbing problem.

Thanks Mike E. 62 TR3A

cdozois Avatar
Hey Bruce,
Can you tell me about the wire wheels you purchased? Size, # of spokes, etc.? Were you replacing the original steel wheels? Any issues in mounting?
craig

bruceabq Bruce M
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA   USA
Sorry Craig. Winter came and so did tax season (I am a CPA) and I have done nothing with the tires yet. I'm back on the project post April 15.
Bruce

cdozois Avatar
Actually, I was inquiring about the wheels you purchased, not the tires.

Triumph Racer Avatar
Triumph Racer Patrick N
south bend, IN., USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR4 "My First Triumph"
1962 Triumph TR4 "Big Red"
1964 Triumph TR4 "Ugly Duckling"
1971 Triumph Spitfire MkIV    & more
Mike,I used to run 195/15 tires on Tr6 rims for my race car.

Sometimes you succeed,other times you learn.

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
In reply to # 939574 by miketr362 has anyone used 195s on the 15x5.5 wheel? I see above where people have kept the 165s, and those that went to 185 and Pat with 205s. Mike 62 TR3A
Sorry I didn't see this sooner, Mike. I have run 195/50 on TR6 rims and had no rubbing issues at all; except the frame tended to rub on speed bumps smiling smiley

But the cars do vary somewhat, as do the wheels. A different wheel might present different challenges.

I'm currently running 205/55 on TR6 rims. Had to make some minor adjustments, and they still rub just a bit if I hit a bump during a hard corner, but not enough to hurt anything.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

redoakboo Dick Vinal
Clermont, , FL, USA   USA
1957 Triumph TR3 "Ruby"
How do you like the Firestone's? I have a 1957 TR-3 with 15 year old Michelins, lots of cracks, they are 165 SR 15 XZX. Not having much luck finding a match in Clermont, Fl. I have the chrome wire wheels, currently have tubes.

Dick

redoakboo Dick Vinal
Clermont, , FL, USA   USA
1957 Triumph TR3 "Ruby"
Randall,

How do you like your Kumbo Ecstas's? I have a 57 TR-3 with chrome spoke wheels. It has Michelin XZX 165 SR 15's that must be 15 years old; lots of dry rot cracks.

Dick

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster