AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Jacad Avatar
Jacad Gold Member Barry Shefner
Montreal, QC, Canada   CAN
1959 Triumph TR3A "Loose Wheels"
1976 Triumph TR6 "The Tweetster"
Any of you guys seen this one piece return hose which ran from the bottom of the rad back up to the water pump housing on a late TR3A we are currently working on? (Rebuilding suspension/steering and a bunch of stuff on the front end) I've only seen the 2 rubber elbows with the short steel pipe clamped between the elbows which are normally supplied. Must be aftermarket but first time I'm seeing it.

Barry
59 TR3A 0TS57675LO - "Loose Wheels"
76 TR6 CF54266U - "The Tweetster"
Website: Triumph TR2-TR3-TR4 www.trtriumph.com/ (sorry for not keeping it current for the past couple of years)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
hose2.jpg    55.9 KB
hose2.jpg

hose1.jpg    68.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Hose part.pdf    240.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Jade95 John Plummer
Forest, Virginia, USA   USA
1969 Triumph TR6 "Matilda"
1995 Jaguar XJ-S "Jade"
Most faps can match the hose manually
Not sure of exact match
Found same situation on my 69 TR6 done by PO
I’ve gone back to OEM set up with the metal center
Minor issue but it has been well received at shows in 2017.

Starshark Avatar
Starshark Joe Garcia
Gainesville, Georgia, USA   USA
1960 Triumph TR3A "White Knight"
I have not seen this one piece hose before. You want that center metal pipe as the TR Gods decreed.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CJD john durant
Southlake, Texas, USA   USA
Remember that hose is often under a slight vacuum. The metal extension is to prevent the hose from collapsing. On most cars the pump intake hose has a metal spring wire to prevent collapsing. And no, that was not original.

John
Southlake, TX

'55 TR2

glcaines Avatar
glcaines Silver Member Gary Caines
Hiawassee, Georgia, USA   USA
If that one piece hose doesn't have an internal spring to prevent collapsing, I can almost guarantee that it will at least partially collapse once the hose ages and gets hot. I would definitely put the steel pipe in as OEM.

Current: 1973 TR6 W/Overdrive

Previous:
1963 TR3B W/Overdrive
1962 TR3A
1961 TR3A
1960 TR3A
1960 TR3A

Jacad Avatar
Jacad Gold Member Barry Shefner
Montreal, QC, Canada   CAN
1959 Triumph TR3A "Loose Wheels"
1976 Triumph TR6 "The Tweetster"
Thanks to everyone for their input on the one piece hose, FYI it is rubber with no internal spring, I had already recommended that the owner who had wanted to reuse because he thought it was "funky" not to because it is of unknown age and my concern was it becoming brittle and busting. Never considered the vacuum angle which would result in the tube collapsing and restricting water flow but that makes perfect sense. Back to the two 90 degree rubber hoses joined with steel tube design it is!

Barry
59 TR3A 0TS57675LO - "Loose Wheels"
76 TR6 CF54266U - "The Tweetster"
Website: Triumph TR2-TR3-TR4 www.trtriumph.com/ (sorry for not keeping it current for the past couple of years)

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1970 Triumph GT6 MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links