Brake Reservoir Height

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ShortBulge Brian LeBlanc
Falls Church, Virginia, USA   USA
Any one know how high the reservoir can be?

ie, measure from base

deciding if I need to pull master assembly off to adjust height before filling with fluid

my hood /bonnet is 80 miles away!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CJD john durant
Southlake, Texas, USA   USA
Lay a yard stick along the scuttle. The bonnet is only a single thickness of 20 gage steel. If it is a bit under your straight edge you should be good...as far as how high it can be. If you're worried, those lines will easily bend within reason.

John
Southlake, TX

'55 TR2

Jacad Avatar
Jacad Gold Member Barry Shefner
Montreal, QC, Canada   CAN
1959 Triumph TR3A "Loose Wheels"
1976 Triumph TR6 "The Tweetster"
The height is dictated by the pipes running to the clutch and brake cylinders. If you purchased pre-bent pipes with fittings, once installed they should result in a top height for the reservoir that is lower than the hood.

Barry
59 TR3A 0TS57675LO - "Loose Wheels"
76 TR6 CF54266U - "The Tweetster"
Website: Triumph TR2-TR3-TR4 www.trtriumph.com/ (sorry for not keeping it current for the past couple of years)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ShortBulge Brian LeBlanc
Falls Church, Virginia, USA   USA
- looks like cap is 1/4 inch above yad-stick running from scuttle to front apron

- have to pull mstr cylinder box off to bend these old, looks like original, pipes

CJD john durant
Southlake, Texas, USA   USA
So long as the pipes are not old and brittle, you should be able to massage them down with the reservoir attached. I bought a tube bender when I was replacing lines during my restoration, but more than half the time I just gently worked the tubing by hand. You have to decide where you want to increase/decrease the curvature and press in the area to achieve what you need. Just use care not to force to tight of a radius to prevent crimping.

John
Southlake, TX

'55 TR2

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
In reply to # 1501718 by ShortBulge - have to pull mstr cylinder box off to bend these old, looks like original, pipes

Few years back, I was digging through a box of brake parts and tried to pick up a pedal box by one of those pipes. With almost no force at all, it snapped in my hand. That, plus what I've seen of how corrosive old glycol brake fluid can become, has convinced me that original brake pipes are not such a good idea; at least on a car you plan to drive on the street.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster