Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

alexwoof Avatar
alexwoof Roger Bean
marquette, michigan, USA   USA
Good morning to all...I was wondering what the original color of the frame which supports the fabric top is......mine is red...thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TuRtle5 Avatar
TuRtle5 Kevin Kelly
Absecon, NJ, USA   USA
1949 Triumph 2000 Roadster "Coral Mistress"
1959 Triumph TR3A "Drandulet"
1962 Triumph Vitesse "Ohtoseethelightofday"
1968 Triumph TR250    & more
Hi Rodger- mine is green on a green car, neither having been repainted- but the chassis frame is red... Merry Christmas TR3!

CJD john durant
Southlake, Texas, USA   USA
Here is a quote straight from the judging guide:

“Hoodsticks - The hoodstick assemblies fitted to all cars were essentially the same, variations, if any, being insignificant or unnoticeable. On nearly all cars, the hoodstick assemblies and hoodstick mounting screws were painted the color of the body of the car. Some very late cars may have had their hoodsticks painted black, or a buff (semi-gloss tan). Do not deduct for very late cars with black or buff hoodstick assemblies.

Most early cars seem to have had a strip of buff moquette (essentially furflex) glued across the top half of the front hoodstick bow. This strip extends only across the center section of the bow, between the webbing. It is uncertain when this was discontinued. Do not deduct for the absence of this strip.”

John
Southlake, TX

'55 TR2

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster