Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

AndyL Avatar
AndyL Andy Lischett
Mundelein, Illinois, USA   USA
I bought this at an estate sale of a man who collected Triumphs, figuring it was for a Spitfire because it is so short. I was wrong: it is TOO short for a Spitfire.
The only markings are "SRS500" which the internet vaguely says is for a '67 through '96 Mini, but this man had hundreds and hundreds of new and used parts and all of them were for Triumphs.
Can anyone tell me if this is used for TR3 conversions to rack and pinion steering? Pictures at Moss Motors look alike for the TR3 conversion and the Mini part, but they have different part numbers because the TR3 parts are a kit. This rack measures 36.5 inches with the tie-rod ends off, and about 39 inches from bolt to bolt with the tie-rod ends on.
Thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_1837.JPG    39.9 KB
IMG_1837.JPG

davem Avatar
davem dave m
victoria bc, vancouver island, Canada   CAN
boy - if i was out that area i would be cherry picking that pile
-sales like that don't come up very often

AndyL Avatar
AndyL Andy Lischett
Dave,
I only bought a few small items besides my (apparently) non-Triumph steering rack, because I have a Spitfire and the only post-WWII Triumph parts that this man did NOT amass were Spitfire and TR-7 and 8 parts.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
davem Avatar
davem dave m
victoria bc, vancouver island, Canada   CAN
it's too bad about the rack andy
-if i had one i would send it out to you but i only have tr3 parts

-if there is a triumph or old english car club around your area, you might want to get ahold of them and let them know where these parts are
-i know that the tr4 and especially the 4a parts are getting extremely hard to find

AndyL Avatar
AndyL Andy Lischett
I am in a Triumph club, the Illinois Sports Owners Association (ISOA), that helped clean and organize all the stuff so most of the good parts found good homes, including an original surrey top for a 4 or 6 (I don't remember which, just that a lot of club members wanted it).
There are still a lot of parts and four complete cars, including a TR3 that needs reassembly and a dilapidated TR250, plus six or seven engines and a lot of body panels. Our club will probably return in the spring and maybe I'll make an offer on the Stag engineā€¦ if it doesn't fit in my Spitfire I could make a coffee table out of it.

lotusman Bill R
Ladysmith, BC, Canada   CAN
Spitfire steering racks were cut down and used on Lotus Elans - Maybe?

Bill

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster