Complete seat to TRIUMPH TR3A 1959

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tomek1985B Tomi Tom
?ory, Slaskie, Poland   POL
Hello. I need , car seats , triumph tr3A car with 1959. Please help me. Maybe someone has or knows where I can get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-23 07:20 AM by Tomek1985B.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CJD john durant
Southlake, Texas, USA   USA
There are a couple on Ebay USA right now, but they are not very cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMPH-TR3-AND-EARLY-TR4-SEAT-FRAMES-Spitfire-Mark-1-2-3-/201999063328?hash=item2f08151920:g:tW4AAOSwHjNWAXYG&vxp=mtr

I know from experience that the ones offered from Rimmer Bros in the UK are very rough and not worth the price. We have an upholsterer in the USA who provides the entire seat upholstered for a reasonable price, but the seats frames are fiberglass rather than the original steel:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIUMPH-TR3-NEW-SEATS-/272644050467?hash=item3f7ada0e23:m:mAj2KLjfEM4afGJC8w-NxnQ&vxp=mtr

I searched for 4 years for seats, and even bought 3 frames off Ebay, and a new set of frames from Rimmer. They were all too rough to use. I finally found a set of frames from another forum member...but even those took me 2 days of welding to get them ready to upholster. It is very hard to find decent seat pans right now.

John
Southlake, TX

'55 TR2

TR3driver Randall Y
Confusion, Los Angeles, USA   USA
In reply to # 1493418 by CJD It is very hard to find decent seat pans right now.
Did you try the ones offered by TRF ? Certainly not cheap, but I don't recall hearing any complaints.

Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L daily driver
71 Stag LE1473L awaiting engine rebuild
7? Stag awaiting gearbox rebuild

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
I have a couple of original sets but shipping to Poland will expensive
Marv

Tomek1985B Tomi Tom
?ory, Slaskie, Poland   POL
How much cost the car seats ? what price shipping this seat to Poland??

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Tomi,
According to USPS $1023 for shipping, add $600 for seats

CJD john durant
Gulp!

I wonder how RImmer does it so cheap?

John
Southlake, TX

'55 TR2

CJD john durant
Never mind. I just remembered what their seat frames look like...oh horror!

John
Southlake, TX

'55 TR2

Gabe1 Gabriel De
Mullica Hill, NJ, USA   USA
Marvin, are the seats still for sale? Thanks, Gabe

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Gabe,
PM sent with info
Marv

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
I have the entire 58/on up interior including covered dash and cock pit combings in show condition glove soft light tan leather including complete back seat and custom arm rest, all on original seat frames, also some extra vinyl and leather ...expensive, but you get what you pay for , no stitching shows. Also have similat in Navy/White piping for 57 back to TR2 including matching restored adj steering wheel covered in hand stiched matching blue leather...also matching custom blue boot cover. also nos new matching tonneau with matching new white top and side curtains...also expensive, these interiors were done by a Meadow Brook winner custom shop.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links