AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

pcsbob Robert Wilkins
Franklin, TN, USA   USA
1957 Triumph TR3 "TR3"
1970 MG MGB "Greenie"
1973 MG MGB
Thanks

The car is inside and driven very little. I might go on and change the cord out to eliminate the possibility of any issues developing.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
pcsbob Robert Wilkins
Franklin, TN, USA   USA
1957 Triumph TR3 "TR3"
1970 MG MGB "Greenie"
1973 MG MGB
Does anyone do anything special to the fuel system or carbs during their cars winter sleep? I have filled the gas tank, added lead substitute and fuel stabilizer.

I thought I saw a post on this site from someone who did something to the carb. Can't find it and don't remember what they did.

Any thoughts?

Bob

ArtL Avatar
ArtL Art Liefke
Kings Park, New York, USA   USA
In reply to # 1501110 by pcsbob Does anyone do anything special to the fuel system or carbs during their cars winter sleep? I have filled the gas tank, added lead substitute and fuel stabilizer.

I thought I saw a post on this site from someone who did something to the carb. Can't find it and don't remember what they did.

Any thoughts?

Bob

I add fuel stabilizer, plug up the fuel vent and put a piece of plastic (like from a zip lock bag) over the fuel fill and close the down the cap on it. I found that the less evaporation of gas, the better it starts up in the spring. The first year or so after the resto, the gas got so stale it wouldn't fire. I had to add new gas, take the fuel line off the front carb, use the hand pump on the fuel pump to get some good fuel up to the carb. Since I've been preventing as much evaporation as possible...no problems. The fuel in the carbs always evaporates out, so it's not been an issue for me. Again, anytime the car has been sitting longer than a few weeks, the fuel in the carbs has evaporated so I always hand pump it before starting. You can tell when the carbs floats get full as the you lose resistance on the pump.

Art

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster