TR2 wiper wheel box

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bvansloun Bruce Van Sloun
Minnetonka, MN, USA   USA
I'm putting things back together finally. What a joy to be assembling rather than taking apart stuff.

In this case, I cleaned all the old, hard grease out of the wheel boxes and drive cable, greased all up and put it in the car.

Then I found the flat washer on the floor. It had the old grease on it, so I know it came from the assembly, but where? I don't think that there is space for it on the gear. The only thing I can think of the that the cable might go through it before going into the wound cable housing.

It is one small diameter washer. As the car was acquired in parts, it maybe be missing one from the second wheel.box.

This is a TR2 setup, different from a TR3.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CJD john durant
Southlake, Texas, USA   USA
Skip down to post #107.

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?108693-Recipe-for-a-TR2/page3

I don’t see any washers related to the wheelhouses.

John
Southlake, TX

'55 TR2

mgedit Mike Graham
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada   CAN
My very early TR3 has those same wheelboxes, and don’t recall any washer either. Mine was built from boxes of parts too and only came with one wheelbox. Cheers, Mike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1966 Triumph Spitfire MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links