Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Pat.L Avatar
Pat.L Silver Member Patrick Ledford
New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
I am trying to find out if this is a stock Triumph interior color or one that was done over by a previous owner. These seats came with a TR3 that had been started as a restoration they are in good shape and I kind of like the color. I did not see any pictures with this seat color when I looked online at galleries and none of the vendors seem to carry this color. As I plan on doing my own interior restoration I would like to match and dye the vinyl to this color. I talked to my PPG paint shop and although he can do a computer match the shading on these seats will cause getting an exact match difficult. He suggested that I try and find out as much information as possible to make the matching easier.

The back of the right hand seat in the picture is very close to the color in the sunlight. It is a yellowish greenish tan. If anyone know whether this is a stock color and the interior number or name would be appreciated.

Patrick
1980 TR8 DHC TPVDV8AT209637
1957 TR-3 Under restoration TS20462LO
Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association
North Coast Triumph Association
TWOA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
TR3 Seats 2.JPG    32.4 KB
TR3 Seats 2.JPG

CFMTR3A Avatar
CFMTR3A Carl M
Tampa, FL, USA   USA
If you can get a sample you can send it to SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, OR and they can custom match the vinyl. You can get enough for all of the cappings and dash. What about top, tonneau, and curtains?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-09 10:44 AM by CFMTR3A.

Pat.L Avatar
Pat.L Silver Member Patrick Ledford
New Wilmington, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
Thanks for the vendor. The top, tonneau, hood cover and curtains are black but in great shape. I am not sure i want to mess with those. if the dash and capping comes out ok i might consider recoloring them.

In reply to # 1490979 by CFMTR3A If you can get a sample you can send it to SMS Auto Fabrics in Canby, OR and they can custom match the vinyl. You can get enough for all of the cappings and dash. What about top, tonneau, and curtains?

Patrick
1980 TR8 DHC TPVDV8AT209637
1957 TR-3 Under restoration TS20462LO
Western Pennsylvania Triumph Association
North Coast Triumph Association
TWOA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster