Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Bpt70gt Avatar
Bpt70gt Brian T
Westmoreland, NH, USA   USA
Next Wednesday on Velocity Channel on the show called "Speed is the new black", they are going to do a segment on a black TR3B. Show is at 9pm eastern.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
davem Avatar
davem dave m
victoria bc, vancouver island, Canada   CAN
darn - must be only in the states
-velocity up here in canada is running something on mustangs on next thursday nite

Aridgerunner Avatar
Aridgerunner Silver Member Bill Bussler
Montoursville, PA, USA   USA
1956 MG MGA 1500 "The A"
1959 Triumph TR3A "The Mistress"
I'm not a fan of that new reality show but in this case I'll watch it.

bhardysmith Brian Smith
Meridian, Mississippi [MS], USA   USA
I saw that. Probably going to cut up a perfectly straight TR3 and shove a Chevy V8 in the damn thing. It will probably make me mad as hell.So many TR3's in really bad shape, to take what looks like a pretty good example and chop the crap out of it is a travesty.

ShortBulge Brian LeBlanc
Falls Church, Virginia, USA   USA
... on a B !!!

Aridgerunner Avatar
1956 MG MGA 1500 "The A"
I saw a preview of the show and it sure looked like they took a good car, repainted it and stuffed in some other more powerful engine. OK, to each his own.

The basic Velocity reality formula has been applied to this show. You got a shop with a few good people in it and at least one and usually more, village idiots. Then you have the impossible project, with an unrealistic deadline and the usual insurmountable problem. And somehow they get it all sorted out just before the end of the show.

Why can't they give us a more realistic reality show? Heck those village idiots would be fired by a real shop owner.

skyking1231 Avatar
skyking1231 Silver Member Frank Strobel
Mt. Sinai, NY, USA   USA
1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Lil' Rose"
That is why i liked wheeler dealers....especially the earlier seasons.

Always wanted and liked the TR3....so i will watch....and then probably post my negative comments on F'ing up a good car. eye rolling smiley

brucejon Avatar
brucejon Bruce Jones
Santa Cruz, CA, USA   USA
1962 Triumph TR3B
1963 Triumph TR3B "Tupperware TR3"
1969 Triumph Spitfire MkIII
1972 Triumph TR6
I only saw the second half, but looked like a great job to me

2long Dan M
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA   USA
Interesting use of a judson supercharger, and a bit brutal on the front valence and choice of a puffy, very red interior. But it was still enjoyable and the result was a fun little motor (unless the supercharger vanes break off), The roll bar was pretty well done, and the wheels were nice as well. The aeroscreen, however, seemed to be mounted on the thin metal of the scuttle rather than with a proper support.

Dan

Aridgerunner Avatar
1956 MG MGA 1500 "The A"
Agreed, they built a decent British hot rod. I just don't need to see bunch of clowns burning toast with exhaust flames and chasing a donut on a string. And the Velocity format has not changed. Which is: The car is a mess, we have a have last minute difficult problem and the customer is coming tomorrow so we have to work all night, we'll never git er dun! Then the customer shows up and everything is perfect. Go figgger dat out.

I have to wonder how much those actors are getting paid.

grubscrew Avatar
grubscrew grub screw
The suburbs of, Winfield, Maryland, USA   USA
Turned it off. Unwatchable.

Dave
1970 Spitfire Mk3
FDU 78359L
34/11 (Jasmine yellow/Black interior)

1962 Triumph TR3B
TCF 575L
Signal Red/Red interior

ShortBulge Brian LeBlanc
Falls Church, Virginia, USA   USA
What happened to that show with the host that had a handle-bar moustache

bhardysmith Brian Smith
That is "My Classic Car" and his name is Dennis Gauge. I got to meet him at a car show in Blytheville AR just a couple of weeks ago. Stood and talked to me about my wife's Jag for 30 mins. He's a real car guy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-15 01:36 PM by bhardysmith.

Attachments:
IMG_0166.JPG    51.7 KB
IMG_0166.JPG

rjc157 Avatar
rjc157 ralph c
pearl river, new york, USA   USA
Not a tr3 guy but I thought the car came out pretty cool

bhardysmith Brian Smith
Ok, so I finally watch the whole show this morning, here are some thoughts...

To the "lead designer"...do some f&*$%ing research before you say something stupid like "I thought triumph meant motorcycles"

Is it my imagination but are the Brooklands screens mounted too far to the outside?

removing the front bumper and just using the bumperettes is/was a very popular period modification (I'm doing the same) but just bolting them to the front valence sheet metal is really dumb.

I question a shop that wouldn't check the mounting holes for the rear trim before painting esp if the knew what the paint scheme was prior.

Overall, I'm not impressed. these guys need to stick to screwing up American rust buckets and leave the British cars to those who know something about them.

Just my opinion, YMMV

Brian

PS, Also, the name of the vendor you used is "Victoria British" not "British Victoria"...that's just sloppy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-19 07:06 AM by bhardysmith.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster