AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
...fits correctly...later head....$150.00

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-17 10:26 AM by wyatt.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Triumph GT6 header 001 (Medium).JPG    36.9 KB
Triumph GT6 header 001 (Medium).JPG

Triumph GT6 header 003 (Medium).JPG    37.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
spurs1canada Avatar
spurs1canada Silver Member Barry Hotspur
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada   CAN
1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Mellow Yellow"
1976 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Li'l Red"
Is it actually a GT6 header,i was told that there were none made and people try to use the TR6 one and it doesn't fit?

tmpass Avatar
tmpass Tim P
Medway, MA, USA   USA
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "Capo"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "Blue Oxide"
In reply to # 941587 by spurs1canada Is it actually a GT6 header,i was told that there were none made and people try to use the TR6 one and it doesn't fit?

It is , I have one on mine just like the header pictured, it is close to the frame but it fits. That is a great price too.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Gt-6 Mk3 Avatar
Gt-6 Mk3 Carl Webeck
Penfield, NY, USA   USA
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Sparky"
I have a GT-6 Mk3 header that I scooped up 12 years ago. I finally installed it grinning smiley ! It fit between the frame perfectly. I just had to flip the starter to make sure the positive stud was not going to touch it. I did have to modify the flange a little bit, however. I had to cut away a little bit so the stock intake manifold would fit with it (took me about 8 hours to figure that one out).
It looks similar to the one in the picture and came with the collector... but I would say that it looks almost identical to a Spitfire PaceSetter header - - just with 6 tubes. I'm pretty sure it was solid stainless steel, too. Maybe a custom jobber?
Don't know much more than that. I'll grab a picture of it and send along. I payed whatever it fetched on eBay because I was always under the impression that there was not one for Gt-6 Mk3 and so I had to scoop it up!

billspit Bill Kea
Moore, Spartanburg, SC, USA   USA
Oh God, I wish Gareth was still here.

Not really.

Gt-6 Mk3 Avatar
Gt-6 Mk3 Carl Webeck
Penfield, NY, USA   USA
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Sparky"
Ha ha - I went back and read those postings. Strange!
Just for the record---and if anyone cares... Mine is a 6-1 SS header that seemed to have clearances for a performance intake set-up, and it had a two piece flange. I'll see if I can find out anything more by going through my old records. There was no maker mark and I think it was about 12 years ago I got it... Enjoy!

Tveditr Eric EN
Indianapolis, USA   USA
1962 MG MGA
1971 MG Midget
Wyatt, you have any EBrake parts for a 72 GT6? I have the handle in the car but need everything to reach the rear brakes. Let me know.

booley Bruce H
Latham, NY, USA   USA
that is exactly like the GT6 header that was available from JC Whitney back in the day

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster