AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

1974 Supercharged TR6 [NJ, USA]
Car For Sale TR6
MarcM Avatar
MarcM Marc Manfre
Howell, NJ, USA   USA
1974 Triumph TR6 ~ For Sale ! ~

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MarcM Avatar
MarcM Marc Manfre
Howell, NJ, USA   USA
Here are a few pictures

Attachments:
IMG_1271_R.jpg    50.5 KB
IMG_1271_R.jpg

DSC_0001_R.jpg    36.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
DSC_0012_R.jpg    46.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, OH, USA   USA
It appears to be a nice car on the surface, but that engine bay <> 29 LARGE.

There is also a “cars for sale” section on this site

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MarcM Avatar
MarcM Marc Manfre
Howell, NJ, USA   USA
Thanks for the feedback Todd - I know, the engine bay looks bad. He should have taken the time to paint it. I believe he intended to however just never got around too it. Do you think the price is out of line for this make, model in this condition??

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
Based on what you see on eBay, & Bring a trailer, that kind of money is reserved for cars that are near or better than perfect. Also, if you look at BAT for instance, you’ll see pictures of essentially everything...frame floors, receipts.

This guy’s engine bay (if I had to guess) makes this a sub 20...perhaps sub 15k car

It may be an extremely nice car every where else, but as a potential buyer, I’d think, “what else is wrong?” with it based on engine bay. It’s like a Black engine bay. Black engine bays make me think there was a color change. Then I wonder how good the paint is??

MarcM Avatar
MarcM Marc Manfre
Howell, NJ, USA   USA
Thanks again - I know he originally paid over 20k for it (worth it or not??) a few years back and has since put quite a bit of time, effort and new parts just to get it to its current condition. As with all classic car projects, you win some you lose some. I guess we will have to hold out for someone with a "love at first sight" mentality much like he had a few years back...

rjc157 Avatar
rjc157 ralph c
pearl river, NY, USA   USA
I think if it had an overdrive or 5 speed it would be a 20 - 22k car but as stated it needs more pics the close you get to spring more buyers come out of the wood work

gozto11 Avatar
gozto11 Todd Bermudez
In reply to # 1512325 by MarcM Thanks again - I know he originally paid over 20k for it (worth it or not??) a few years back and has since put quite a bit of time, effort and new parts just to get it to its current condition. As with all classic car projects, you win some you lose some. I guess we will have to hold out for someone with a "love at first sight" mentality much like he had a few years back...

I think a lot of folks that if they spend a bunch of money on replacing worn out parts, it increases value. I’m sure if you put a brand new differential in it might increase a little, but a Nissan diff upgrade might increase it more. To a purist, it won’t but on the flip side the purist might not like the SC. Yes, it’s an expensive upgrade (4500) but I don’t think it translates to a 4500 increase in value. Maybe 2k?

Yes there may be “that guy” out there that’s willing to pay in the 20s. I wish your buddy well. The better he does, the better we all do

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1978 Triumph 2500 TC

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links