Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

wolfe2118 Jason Wolfe
Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA   USA
1974 Triumph Spitfire $4500 wolfe2118@gmail.com 260.442.4028
Fresh heavy flake orange paint with a pearl midcoat. This thing gets tons of looks and in the sun it looks amazing! Originally a Texas car so rust was isolated to the floor pans but they have been replaced. All trim was removed to paint so there are no masking tape lines anywhere. It could use a cut and buff but still looks great but has potential to look even better. Runs and drives good. I have no worries getting it up to 70 MPH for a few minutes at a time and have driven non stop for 2 hours at 60 MPH this past summer with no problems at all. 60,000 miles (7k since April of this year). I use synthetic 20W50 oil and Royal Purple gear oil. Roll bar with fiberglass hard top. All lights, gauges, wipers, and heater work. This car has seen a lot of wrench time since January although it has never left me stranded. It could use some tuning but I never planned on keeping the drivetrain so it was never a priority for me. Interior needs carpet. Seats are decent enough but the rest of the interior needs attention (simple for such a small car).

Has some paint chips from being daily driven almost every day that it hasn’t rained since April. Wiring is not pretty but is much more reliable than original wiring. Transmission shifts very well for being an old British car but certainly isn’t like a new Honda. There is a fair amount of clutch chatter but it isn’t worth pulling the gearbox to fix yet although the clutch parts are dirt cheap and easy to source and replace.

I had planned on replacing the engine and transmission this winter with an updated drivetrain using Ford parts but both time and space is at a premium so I am letting this go.

New Parts.
• Windshield seal
• Pillar seals
• Wiper arm bezels, seals, and nuts
• Headlights
• Door Handle Seals
• Trunk lock seal
• Fuel filler seal
• Electric Fuel Pump
• Rear shocks
• Red poly bushings (full set)
• Starter
• Thermostat
• 3 core Aluminum radiator (needs installed)
• Loud horns (not the tiny sounding import horn sound)
• Front trunions, outer tie rods, upper ball joints, end links, rack bellows.
• Lots of unlisted extras as well.

Attachments:
20171124_110759.jpg    48.2 KB
20171124_110759.jpg

20170122_163403.jpg    38.2 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20170903_161453.jpg    66.8 KB
20170204_005652.jpg    46.3 KB
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster