Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Murph935 Avatar
Murph935 Shawn Murphy
Ocean pines, Maryland, USA   USA
I'm looking for both a hard and soft top for my 77 Spitfire. I'm mostly concerned with the hard top. Before I buy one online and pay an astronomical price for shipping, I thought I'd post here to see if anyone had one in the Mid-Atlantic. I'm on the coast on MD and am willing to drive 3-4 hours in any direction for a decent hard top. I don't care about color. As for the soft top, that's an easy purchase....I just figured I'd post it while I was here in case somebody close has one to unload. Thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
otty Avatar
otty Silver Member Rick Ottenstein
SYKESVILLE, MD, USA   USA
York, Pa Craigslist has one listed for $450. No picture or description. Make sure you get an original factory hardtop. They are much nicer than the aftermarket ones. Also look for one with all the windows present. Replacement glass is extremely difficult to find.

AEstes Aaron Estes
Baltimore, Maryland, USA   USA
Got a hard top in decent shape for a '78 in Baltimore if that works for you, asking 450

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
AEstes Aaron Estes
Baltimore, Maryland, USA   USA
Yeah thats the one I've got listed... I'm helping my computer illiterate older dad de-clutter. Glass is in good shape, gaskets are the only thing thats a little worn. Its up at his place in SE York county, but I'm back and forth btween there and Baltimore a few times a week so I can bring it down to the city to cut some time off yr drive if you wanted it. Give me a call or text @ 443-540-8518
In reply to # 1496858 by otty York, Pa Craigslist has one listed for $450. No picture or description. Make sure you get an original factory hardtop. They are much nicer than the aftermarket ones. Also look for one with all the windows present. Replacement glass is extremely difficult to find.

Murph935 Avatar
Murph935 Shawn Murphy
Ocean pines, Maryland, USA   USA
Thanks Rick and Aaron. I'll get in touch with Aaron. I get to Balto. pretty regularly so I'm sure we can work something out. Thanks again.

otty Avatar
otty Silver Member Rick Ottenstein
SYKESVILLE, MD, USA   USA
Good luck Shawn,

If there is anything I can do to help you (such as finding the attachment hardware) let me know. I live just outside Baltimore. Finding the hardtop in good condition is not easy. I drove to Michigan to pick mine up. The hardtop is really nice in the winter. It is great for driving in the winter when there is no salt on the roads.

Rick

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster