Wanted: Tired Old Spitfire Seat Upholstery [MD, USA]

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

77Spit Scott Coates
Frederick, MD, USA   USA
I known an upholstery maker (LSeat.com if your interested) in Texas that does just fantastic work. He made a set of leather seat upholstery for my 1971 AMC Javelin SST that were just beyond all expectations.

I also own a completely restored 1976 Spitfire 1500. The PO re-upholstered the car at some point with the biscuit/tan houndstooth. Unfortunately, the houndstooth insert is disintegrating before my eyes. I don't want to buy the SOS only to have the same problem five years from now, So my solution is to have LSeat do a pair of seat upholstery using real leather and upgraded houndstooth inserts. The problem is that he doesn't have the patterns for the Spitfire seats. I need to send him an old seat so he has the pattern to work from. I don't want to send him seat patterns from the car as I drive the car all season long. Soooo . . . I would rather send him an old used up seat pattern.

The neatest thing about this is that once he has the patterns then all of us will have access to really really high quality upholstery, and even better he is not expensive at all. Usually 25% less then the best other offerer.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster