TRExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

looking for good triumph/british repair shop conroe/woodlands texas [texas, USA]

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

cph012350 Chuck Holden
Conroe, texas, USA   USA
new to Brit cars and started with just bought nice 74 TR6 met some great guys already and have helped me immensely but still some technical running issues. Throw SU carbs as far as I can or? Recommendations for good reasonable replacements.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
triumph74tr6 Avatar
triumph74tr6 Chad Jester
Tulsa, OK, USA   USA
1964 Triumph Sports 6 "Speed 6"
1968 Triumph TR250 "Gene"
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Ken"
1974 MG MGB GT "MiGiBiGiT"    & more
Unless somebody put SU's on it should have Zenith Stromberg CD-175's. Those are simple as can be and there is really no reason to replace them. Some people replace them with SU's but I don't see any need for the expense.

Chad in Tulsa

cph012350 Chuck Holden
Conroe, texas, USA   USA
Oh yea! LOL! I recently learned that stromburgs are NOT SU carbs, thanks for correction. They at Zenith carbs. chuck

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Britnut Randy DeRuiter
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA   USA
Assume you joined Texas Triumph Register already? Karl is good with SUs on TR6 engines, several other guys may be able to help.

cph012350 Chuck Holden
Conroe, texas, USA   USA
Thanks, yes I did join TTR and contacted James and he helped me for an afternoon then somehow he talked karl into looking at my car, yea he knows his stuff. Best part was he took me for a ride in his modified TR6 and I was blown away! Maybe dark side not so dark anymore!

Britnut Randy DeRuiter
Nacogdoches, Texas, USA   USA
Great to hear you joined the TTR and met James and Karl - I can't recommend an outside shop in the area but just attending one of the club Saturday breakfasts is a great way to talk with local TR owners and you can pick up good leads that way. If your Zenith Stomberg carbs need rebuilding I'd suggest shipping them off to someone who works them routinely like Ken D (aka Poolboy on this forum and the Six Pack club forum). Commercial shops are out there too, I've had good experience with Joe Curto who worked on my TR4 Stombergs. Also, this same post on the TR6 Tech forum might get you more responses.

Randy

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster