AutoShrine Sponsor

DuncanCharlton Avatar
DuncanCharlton Duncan Charlton
Elgin, TX, USA   USA
1931 Morgan 3 Wheeler "Gwenda (Sold)"
1967 Morgan 4/4 "Toly's Car"
1967 Unknown Unknown
1970 Mini Countryman    & more
I have accumulated a number of used TR 3/4 engine parts that I need to clear out of my garage. Most of these are perfectly usable for someone who wants to build a budget engine. Many of these were taken off race engines when being rebuilt and replaced not due to wear but due to the owner wanting to upgrade during rebuilds.

Unfortunately I have not created a complete inventory of parts but here is what I did take note of:

A. Block, TS 68737E
B. Block, TS 26729E (1959 TR3, I think)

Engine, TR4 CT63220E (later type head with aluminum pushrod tubes), complete with valve cover, water pump, fan, timing cover and clutch. Does not turn over by hand.

#1 crankshaft: Mains cut to 0.020", rod journals cut to 0.010" undersize. Journals are in reasonable condition.
#2 crankshaft: Main journals already cut to 0.010" undersize, rod journals cut to 0.020" undersize. #4 journal is questionable, with a groove that may remain after being cut to 0.030" undersize. I don't trust my calipers to indicate this clearly.
#3 crankshaft: I think there is a third crankshaft in storage as well -- if someone is interested I'll dig it out and update this list.

A. Head (bare) -- valve guide centerlines were drilled off-center, presumably to allow room for for larger valves
B. Head (bare) -- stock, small repairable crack between cylinders #3 and #4
C. Head (bare) -- TR4 high port. 3.2+ inches thick. Previous crack repair between combustion chambers for #2 and #3. Exhaust guide ID is bigger than stock. Valve spacing seems to be stock.
D. Head (bare) -- early high port TR3, stock thickness

Camshafts: three, used (I know what "wiped" lobes look like but these look OK). I believe these have a stock street grind but am not sure.
Pistons: four 83mm, many 86mm
Liners: three 83mm, many 86mm (perhaps some 87mm as well; ask and I'll rummage through the parts and update this list)

Connecting rods, stock: many. I will match them by weight if necessary
Pushrods, stock: many
Miscellaneous: lifters, oil pans, timing covers, front mounting plate, oil pumps and valve covers

Interested parties can reach me through this forum but it's best to contact me directly. I really hate to recycle all of this but I must clear some space in my shop!

Duncan Charlton
Elgin, Texas
512-965-7583
duncan.charlton (at) gmail.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1976 Triumph 2 5 PI MkII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links