AutoShrine Sponsor

REMOVED
GT6 TR5
  This topic is about my 1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII
AtRo Racing Avatar
AtRo Racing Rob Rossiter
Branford, Connecticut, USA   USA
REMOVED

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-09 12:19 PM by AtRo Racing.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
2manyspits Avatar
2manyspits Thomas Schlundt
south bend, IN, USA   USA
There is probably more to this story. Maybe Jim felt that you were going to be a PITA and he would be better off not doing business with you.

Andy-Sherry Avatar
Andy-Sherry Gold Member Andy Martin
Portland, OR, USA   USA
I've had many dealings with Jim he is a good guy

Andy&Sherry
1974 Spit 1500 Carmine Red
1977 Spit 1500 Pink Panther Pink

Always learning something

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Manistee Avatar
Manistee Silver Member Jim Gow
Grayling, Michigan, Newark, Delaware, USA   USA
I agree. This is the third post that I've seen on this. If Jim thought that this guy was a PITA he's confirmed it.

In reply to # 1483601 by 2manyspits There is probably more to this story. Maybe Jim felt that you were going to be a PITA and he would be better off not doing business with you.

AtRo Racing Avatar
AtRo Racing Rob Rossiter
REMOVED

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-09 12:20 PM by AtRo Racing.

billspit Bill Kea
Moore, Spartanburg, SC, USA   USA
You kept asking him to do something he said he couldn't or wouldn't do. Am I correct?

wyatt Avatar
wyatt Silver Member Wyatt W
penguin point, drift ice, Antarctica   ATA
Deatsch is a cantankerous old goat with a short fuse but he is honest.......I throw him an old tin can every so often to chew on...smoking smiley

Joe1500 Avatar
Joe1500 Joe Smeds
Fresno, CA., USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "The One I'll Never Sell"
1979 MG MGB
1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rob,
I have dealt with Jim as well with no issues. Even as your version of this story unfolds, it sounds like Jim expressed to you that he wasn't interested in doing the work your client wanted done but you went ahead and sent him funds anyway. I can understand your frustration with his not picking up the phone but I believe he was clear regarding not wanting to do the work. I'm curious if you feel better or vindicated in any way now that you shared your experience with the group. I hope your day improves.

Cheers, Joe

AtRo Racing Avatar
AtRo Racing Rob Rossiter
REMOVED POST

AtRo Racing Avatar
AtRo Racing Rob Rossiter
REMOVED

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-09-09 12:21 PM by AtRo Racing.

70spit Jon B
Camas, WA, USA   USA
You left out an important bit of this exchange. After you sent payment you changed the order to require "mint" condition, something that would require polishing and rechroming after shortening, cost significantly more, and was not listed as a feature of Jim's service.

I live on the west coast where we tend to get butthurt by the abrasive attitudes of east coast denizens and you, sir, are the real problem here in my opinion, not Jim. I see nothing wrong with Jim's responses as you've shown them.

In reply to # 1483761 by AtRo Racing joe,

As I have stated to another member I asked Jim by email if he could do it and he stated yes he could do it and gave me an address to send a check. I asked him if he took PayPal and he said yes, but it would costs another $5.00, and provided me with his PayPal account number. Within 5 minutes I sent him the money by PayPal for the total in advance of him making the par,t which he said would take two to three days, along with a email stating what we had agreed that he would do and my address and phone number. The next day after I had payed him he cancelled the ordered. I asked him why he cancelled the order and to please reconsider as he already had my money. I also asked him to call me which he did not do. If he did not want to do the job then he should have said so and told me not to send him the money. He responded by swearing at me and calling me other derogatory names. Not my idea of being professional.

Robbie

Joe1500 Avatar
Joe1500 Joe Smeds
Fresno, CA., USA   USA
1968 Triumph TR250 "The One I'll Never Sell"
1979 MG MGB
1979 Triumph Spitfire 1500
Did I just hear a mic drop?

2manyspits Avatar
2manyspits Thomas Schlundt
south bend, IN, USA   USA
In reply to # 1483601 by 2manyspits There is probably more to this story. Maybe Jim felt that you were going to be a PITA and he would be better off not doing business with you.

YOU ARE A PITA I WOULDN'T DO BUSINESS WITH YOU EITHER.

jdeatsch Avatar
jdeatsch Platinum Member Jim Deatsch
Penfield, Neu Yawk, USA   USA
1978 MG MGB "Orval Shiftright"
I will allow you folks to make your own decisions with this individual.

I WILL NOT MODIFY a 'mint' shifter. Why WOULD I?

But you have fun with your childish and inane rants little boy.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster