AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

65or66 Gold Member Jim B
Lake village, IN, USA   USA
1965 Triumph Spitfire MkII
1973 Triumph Spitfire 1500 "Jusanudda Munny Pit"
Need one for my '73 Spit. If you have one that may be able to be rebuilt, I'm interested too. This car didn't have one when I got it.

Thanks
J

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Mister Mitch Mitch Roe
Phoenix, Arizona, USA   USA
What is a PDWA....I have 7 spits/gt6's and spit 6's....do ALL my own restoration and have no idea what this is.....
Mitch

trrdster Avatar
trrdster Wayne Tate
Spencer, NC, USA   USA
It's the brake propositioning valve right on the edge of the firewall below the master, Has the four lines coming in and out of it.
Will slide to one side when the brakes blow, Wheel cylinder leak and caliber problem. On the dash the light will come on, if the plug is attached the the PDWA, most are not.

Wayne
1970 TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8
1949 Triumph Roadster 2000
1978 Spitfire (rust victim)
1971 GT6 (tarp covered for 12 years, rusted inside out)
1980 Spitfire (getting all the good GT6 parts, all poly suspension and Spax shocks)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
gfe05111952 Avatar
gfe05111952 George Earwaker
Falls Church, Virginia, USA   USA
In reply to # 1468034 by trrdster It's the brake propositioning valve right on the edge of the firewall below the master, Has the four lines coming in and out of it.
Will slide to one side when the brakes blow, Wheel cylinder leak and caliber problem. On the dash the light will come on, if the plug is attached the the PDWA, most are not.

+1 Good description Wayne.

P - Pressure
D - Differential
W - Warning
A - Activator

George
1967 Triumph GT6
1967 Triumph Spitfire4 Mk2
1968 Triumph Spitfire Mk3

spits Avatar
spits paul krause
Several on eBay now. Here's one. No vested interest; just sharing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282546121537

Best
Paul

Mister Mitch Mitch Roe
Phoenix, Arizona, USA   USA
THANKS, I should have first done a search (in the end I did spend a couple of hours reading and learning about them)
Mitch

jefferygt jeffery Ee
vantucky, wa, USA   USA
Are these truly necessary??? I do not need a light to tell me I have lost braking ability.

spits Avatar
spits paul krause
Quite a question; been discussed on the forum many times.
Bottom line is that US federal regulations drove the requirement for such an assembly starting in 68.
Best.
Paul

Tonyfixit Avatar
Tonyfixit Tony M
Duncan, British Columbia, Canada   CAN
In reply to # 1468104 by jefferygt Are these truly necessary??? I do not need a light to tell me I have lost braking ability.

Yes, most people feel the pedal on the firewall and see the rear of the car ahead getting closer before they notice the light on the dashboard has just come on.

Personally, if you don't have one, and the brakelines have been bypassed properly, consider yourself lucky.

ExPatBrit Avatar
ExPatBrit Mike W
Redmond, WA, USA   USA
In reply to # 1468104 by jefferygt Are these truly necessary??? I do not need a light to tell me I have lost braking ability.

Rube Goldberg contraption, I bypassed mine several years ago by removing the shuttle and installing a solid plug in the bore.

oleanderjoe Avatar
oleanderjoe Silver Member Joseph Baba
Fresno, Ca, USA   USA
The light on the dash if it works, tells you your foot just hit the floor. Parts are available for the BRASS MG one, but I think SPITTY Used Steel or Aluminum. Probably no parts available.

whm123 Avatar
whm123 Silver Member William Miller
Leonardo, NJ, USA   USA
1969 MG MGC
1971 Triumph GT6 MkIII "Rusty" ~ For Sale ! ~
1977 MG MGB "Old Yellow" ~ For Sale ! ~
1979 MG MGB "The Baby"    & more
I have one if you are still looking. I'm also the eBay seller of the one shown in this discussion. Same deal as the other one, $50 + shipping. Call if interested.
Bill Miller Car Finder LLC
732-778-3274

2manyspits Avatar
2manyspits Thomas Schlundt
south bend, IN, USA   USA
if you ever make it out here i have several

rjb2968 Ramin Mirshab
Detroit, MI, USA   USA
I have about 4 with 3 that I believe are highly serviceable. Check out my post http://www.triumphexp.com/phorum/read.php?5,1471276

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster