AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

WTB Hazzard warning switch for GT6 [North Carolina, USA]
Body Electrical GT6 Interior Wanted
  This topic is about my 1972 Triumph GT6 MkIII
jagwar72 Avatar
jagwar72 Silver Member John Hanlin
Weaverville, North Carolina, USA   USA
I need a new or good used hazard warning switch for my GT 6 Mark III. Rocker type also used on later Spitfires. I'm also looking for a hatch latch handle w/ key (I have an older handle to trade), and a good used license plate light plinth that sits on the top of the rear bumper. Trunk latch from Spitfire will not work on GT 6.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
GT6 Parts Wanted 001.JPG    33.8 KB
GT6 Parts Wanted 001.JPG

GT6 Parts Wanted 002.JPG    23.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
trrdster Avatar
trrdster Wayne Tate
Spencer, NC, USA   USA
John, a couple of different ones were used. I think 5 wire and 6 wire. The very early ones only had four connectors. The later 5 connectors were very small slip on while the later ones had the standard 1/4 inch plugs.
So, what kind of connection is going to do you.
They are getting harder to find than the GT6 interior light and cover.
I'll look around a see what I come up with.

Wayne
1970 TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8
1949 Triumph Roadster 2000
1978 Spitfire (rust victim)
1971 GT6 (tarp covered for 12 years, rusted inside out)
1980 Spitfire (getting all the good GT6 parts, all poly suspension and Spax shocks)

jagwar72 Avatar
Wayne -

Mine has 6 posts, with only 2 wires being connected. At least that was the way it was when I disconnected it to re-do the dash. Is there a way to bypass the hazard switch altogether and still have the turn signals work?

John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
trrdster Avatar
trrdster Wayne Tate
Spencer, NC, USA   USA
John, by passing the circuit is kinda what the switch does. So connecting the two wires together will take the switch out of play for normal driving, but if you need the hazard, that could be a problem.
Now that I know someone was figuring out a way to make things work, have a look and see it the other wires are hanging in there.
Don't you just love DPO, but we all do what will work at the time. Sometimes we go back and make it right, sometimes not so much.

Wayne
1970 TR6
2000 Jaguar XK8
1949 Triumph Roadster 2000
1978 Spitfire (rust victim)
1971 GT6 (tarp covered for 12 years, rusted inside out)
1980 Spitfire (getting all the good GT6 parts, all poly suspension and Spax shocks)

jagwar72 Avatar
Ain't that the truth. Thanks for the help.

twomanytriumphs Avatar
twomanytriumphs Gold Member Kyle Darby
Kelso, Washington, USA   USA
1965 Triumph TR4 "My Baby"
1966 Triumph 2000 MkI "Bessie"
1970 Triumph GT6+ (MkII) "The Princess"
1977 MG MGB
Best thing to do is find the post in the spitfire group and see how the switch is wired. The numbers on my switch didn't match up, I finally got the hazards to work when I figured the switch out. Green and pink is hazard power. Kyle.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster