AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Glenn1Krueger Avatar
Glenn1Krueger Glenn Krueger
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA   USA
1960 Triumph TR3A "TR3A - UNFINISHED"
1964 MG MGB "Mr. Green"
1971 MG MGB "Mr. Blue"
For Sale 1960 TR3A project car with clear title.

$1500.00

The car is in need of complete restoration. The following are off the car in good useable condition, sanded and in primer: all four fenders, hood, trunk tire cover, doors (are not great may need new skins), apron (needs work on the bottom 20%). The remaining body needs a lot of work: new floors, possible new trunk floor (could be re-worked), the rear inner fenders may need to be repaired or replaced, The front inner fenders are repairable by a skilled wire welder / body man. I have done more difficult repairs on MGBs.

The ngine and transmission worked well and the car was drivable prior to taking it apart. Overdrive was not tested at that time. The front motor mounts have failed.

The car has antifreeze still in it with no leaks.

The frame seems to be very solid. I have jacked it up the car from various points. There is surface rust on the frame. The car comes with 4 wire wheels and a spare wire wheel. The steering wheel is not original but I have an original that goes with the car. No seats. The removable metal top is in very good condition and painted gloss black. Gas tank has been sanded and painted. Again, the engine and transmission were operating well when I decided to restore the car. The engine spark plugs were removed and considerable WD40 was put in each cylinder at shut down. Plugs replaced. All gauges come with the car. Many of the small parts are bagged and labeled in the plastic container in the pics. Side curtains are in need of complete restoration but are included. The windshield glass is fine but the frame needs to be re-worked or sent out for re-finishing. Chrome gas cap with neck. The B post RH was damaged but a used, not great, B post with inner fenders is included. There are no bumpers. The following parts are original to the car and may have some defects: hood and trunk hinges, chrome gas cap with tail piece, Door handles and hardware, 2 round red glass lenses, 2 amber glass lenses, 2 chrome taillight bezels, and many small bagged an labeled parts. .

Not included in the sale of the car are: new floor pans LH and RH, new sills LH and RH., new rocker panes LH and RH, the box of new parts (mostly chrome parts) – hinges (hood and trunk), new motor mounts. Chair pans are not included also. These parts will be sold separately. These parts will appear in the pictures.

If you want pictures, email me your email address and I will send you them. The new parts are in the pictures are not included in the sale of the car.

If you want more pictures send me your email address. I will send you about 25 pictures. Remember some parts pictured are not included the sale of the car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-06-07 12:45 PM by Glenn1Krueger.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
brickwhite Avatar
brickwhite Ted Z
St. Louis, Missouri, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "TR-4"
I am interested Please PM.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster