AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Glenn1Krueger Avatar
Glenn1Krueger Glenn Krueger
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA   USA
1960 Triumph TR3A "TR3A - UNFINISHED"
1964 MG MGB "Mr. Green"
1971 MG MGB "Mr. Blue"
In your opinion, what is the best way to sell a 1960 TR3A Project Car. Is Ebay a good choice? Is this site a good choice? What is the best way to sell the car?
I can get more buy parting the car out? What is your experience?

The car has a clean title. Good engine, overdrive trans, rear end , instruments and other parts.

It is partially apart. Fenders, doors, hood, trunk, front valance and windshield and other small parts are off the car. All those parts are in good condition for its age and usable in primer. The car comes with new parts: floor pans, sills, rockers, and various chrome parts totaling over $1,000. The car needs new rear inner fenders, trunk floor, and most nuts and bolts, soft parts, new bumpers front and rear, seat springs and interior.

A good body person can restore this car.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
Depends on what the price is. It takes alot longer to sell all the parts but good chance it will brng more that way.
Marv

brickwhite Avatar
brickwhite Ted Z
St. Louis, Missouri, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "TR-4"
My .02

- Web sites like this one. I would start here and sell it to the community that helps TR owners. You may not get top money but chances are it's going to someone who will keep it alive.

- Ebay - The Fees, the Fees. Ebay is OK but the fees they get are a little crazy. It seems easy to walk away from a deal on ebay bogus bidders etc.

-Craigslist - Free, but is a pain to deal with scammers and people low balling you for half of what you ask for. But again it's free and you can make good money.

-Bring a Trailer - $99 to list but they pick if they will list your car. Need 40 photos (which if you want to sell you should have anyway) you can set a reserve and buyers have to use a credit card , seems harder to get out of a sale. I've seem some TRs go for good money on here.

- I'll say it again, get some photos and start here, Web sites like this one. I would start here and sell it to the community that helps TR owners. You may not get top money but chances are it's going to someone who will keep it alive.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Glenn1Krueger Avatar
Glenn1Krueger Glenn Krueger
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA   USA
1960 Triumph TR3A "TR3A - UNFINISHED"
1964 MG MGB "Mr. Green"
1971 MG MGB "Mr. Blue"
Thanks for the responses. That helps a lot.

brickwhite Avatar
brickwhite Ted Z
St. Louis, Missouri, USA   USA
1963 Triumph TR4 "TR-4"
How is the Frame??

jordan19852 Jordan T
Cedar lake, Indiana, USA   USA
I'm located in cedar lake, a little over an hour north of you, I'm currently looking for a tr3 project

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster