TRExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

Looking for a nice 1976 TR6 rear bumper center section - Thanks! [New York, USA]

Moss Motors
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Pete61 Avatar
Pete61 Pete Vaughan
Westtown, New York, USA   USA
Please contact me if you have anything available. Thank you.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
Pete,
I may have a decent one. It may be a day or so before I can get you a picture of it.

Marv

Denali94 Avatar
Denali94 Don L
Palm Coast, FL, USA   USA
Hi Pete - I would assume you have made a deal with Marv, if not, please define 'nice'. I have a '74 1/2 and a '76 which TRF says are the same, everything after CF-1. They are in usable shape but could stand to be refinished - like anything over 40!

These are in Indiana and I will not be there until early/mid July. Let me know if you are interested.

Don

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Pete61 Avatar
Pete61 Pete Vaughan
Hi Don, I have not heard back from Marv. Suspect he either could not help or got busy and forgot about me!

'Nice' I was hoping to mean meant clean enough to bolt on and enjoy. Does not have to be mint. I'm ok with light scratches or light putting - just no dents or heavy rust.

Do the late 74 and 75's have the holes on the bottom for the 'Triumph' plinth? Really not sure.

Many thanks for your help. Look forward to hearing from you when you are able.

Regards, -Pete

Denali94 Avatar
Denali94 Don L
Hey Pete - There's always a penalty for trying to read without those cheaters! I misread the old catalog and it does not include the '74 with the '75 & '76. Your query about the nameplate triggered my memory. Only the later ones have the mounting holes for the plinth. So what I have is a '76 center section which should meet your needs.

As I said earlier, it is in Indiana and I am in Florida and not heading north until July. Once I get there I will get so photos to you and if still interested or have not found something else maybe we can work out a deal.

Enjoy - Don

Pete61 Avatar
Pete61 Pete Vaughan
Sounds great. Many thanks. Safe travels! - Pete

mgruber921 Avatar
mgruber921 Marvin Gruber
Florence, Alabama, USA   USA
Pete,
Sorry for taking so long to get this to you. Three center sections to choose from. The one with the Triumph plate is a 76 bumper. Chrome has not been cleaned, should polish up nice. The other two are 73/74 bumpers, decent chrome.the pne that there are no ends on , the captive nuts are not there. Will pm prices.
Marv

Attachments:
image.jpeg    103.5 KB
image.jpeg

image.jpeg    104.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Denali94 Avatar
Denali94 Don L
Pete - finally got to Indiana and dug out the bumper section. Really hard to get decent photos.

Please email me at denali94@gmail.com if you have not already made another deal.

Regards,

Don

Attachments:
IMG955553.jpg    75.6 KB
IMG955553.jpg

IMG955554.jpg    55.3 KB
IMG955555.jpg    91.6 KB
IMG955556.jpg    84.1 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1964 Triumph Spitfire 4 MkI

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links